NYC Dining with Kids

So I know there are dozens of threads on NYC restaurants, but didn’t see many mentions on suggestions for where to eat out with kids (5 and 6). We will be in the city for 4th of July week and staying near CP South. Any “fun” or interesting places that are kid friendly? Maybe something Italian, Mediterranean, other?

Also, my wife has an allergy to gluten, so bonus points if they have GF options, but I’m less concerned about that in a big city like New York where they likely make these accommodations all the time.

Best places near the Essex House to grab breakfast/brunch?

Ellen’s stardust diner. Our boys loved it (3 and 5 at the time).

I have no recollection of the food but as a Celiac now I don’t imagine there is much GF.

The Bouloud restaurants have always made sure that my son feels welcomed and cater to any and all of his culinary foibles.

Marta for some pizza and good Italian foods.

Salumeria Rossi is another good Italian and is near CP south.

Sarabeth for brunch near Essex House.

Try Landmarc in the Time Warner Center. They have a kid’s menu and are very kid friendly. They also have a large 1/2 bottle selection and an OK casual wine list for you.

Can’t speak to GF.

Ellen’s is a touristy diner spot, but the kids will love it with their singing waiters.

There is also a food hall under the Plaza Hotel with a whole lot of places for food and sweets. (I think you enter on 58th) if it’s nice, you can grab and sit in park.

Sarabeth is good with kids, too