Flying to Bali from US

Seems that flight options from US connect through Japan, China, or Singapore. Is any one better than the other? I am trying to stay on star alliance airlines, like Singapore Airlines. Thanks.

Last time I went it was the redeye from LA to Taipei and then to Bali after about an hours layover. Got there with lots of the day left. If you can knock yourself out for the redeye it’s a great way to go.

Depends on origin, class of service and how many connections you will accept. If you going coach, SQ has a decent economy product and routes you JFK-FRA-SIN-DPS.
I would also look at ANA and Asiana (both have decent ecomony). EVA Air used to have a decent coach procuct, but they recently have gone 10 accross in coach on their 777-300 aircraft.
I assume you looking for Star Alliance as you have status (note most cheap fares don’t really earn that many redeemable miles).

I’m going to try for business class. Gold on star alliance. Starting from Newark NJ/New York.

Depending on date and time, your top choices are probably Singapore and ANA. Problem with SIA is that it will require two stops. My company offers business class air consultations and booking. In my previous role as a customer account manager I frequently traveled the world, including significant travel in Asia, for Boeing.

I have vast amounts of experience on SIA, Cathay, ANA, JAL, American and United. Take a look at my website if you have further questions www.nickrunningtravel.com

I too am a big Star Alliance fan (UA million miler in fact), and after living in Tokyo for nearly 30 years my first reaction is ANA of course. That said it is not the best choice for making the trip to your destination as speedily as possible. The connection for a non-stop flight out of Japan requires an overnight in Japan regardless of which JFK departure you take on ANA. I cannot recommend that unless you want to grab a day or two in Tokyo.

Fastest and least hassle is definitely the late night EVA departure with an easy switch at TPE. Personally not a fan of Eva, but that does not mean it is a bad product. SQ is definitely better hard and soft product-wise and if you view the FRA stop as a chance to stretch your legs it is a much nicer flight. You also get the 380 on the two long SQ legs which is a better ride than the 777 EVA flies.

No matter what you are going into uber-relax mode after arrival so enjoy the journey as suits you best and really enjoy the destination.