Taking wine into Singapore

Has anyone brought wine in exces of the 2liter limit into Singapore.
If so, what was the overage duty fee?

Thanks

Contact Stephen Williams. He posts here occasionally but more often on the Uk wine pages forum.

I didn’t know there was a 2 liter limit. I brought 3 750 ml bottles (2.25 liters) on my last visit and no one said anything.

Fedex can ship up to 4.5 L without much issue.

I flew into neighboring Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia in February and although I knew about the 2 liter limit in Malaysia, I also chanced bringing in 3 750s. I figured if they raise hell about my wines, I’ll just have to pull out a corkscrew and drink the excess 0.25 liter off of the bottle. [cheers.gif]

Btw, I was told that the Customs/Immigration in those parts of Asia may be much more stricter than we all suspect, so I would suggest to make sure to declare everything.

Hi Joe,

I’m not too familiar on the exact duty fee that has to be paid, as it is a calculation based on the alcohol percent x value of product x duty. I brought back 10 bottles of wine on the last trip, and was charged around $75 Singapore Dollars in total when I declared at customs. So I would say around 10 dollars per bottle of wine outside the 2liter limit. And yes its always safer (cheaper) to declare then get caught!

Hope this helps in some way.

Thanks to all for the information

Joe

Yes, Benjamin is right, it’s around 9-10 Singapore Dollars per bottle past the 2 litre duty-free limit. If you’re interested to see how exactly they calculate it you can see here: How To Take Wine, Alcohol, Spirits, Beer on the Airplane | Lazenne

Bit late and seems basically answered. I bring a Lazenne almost every time I leave and return to Singapore with 12+ bottles.

Tax is GST (7%) + duty of 88SGD per Liter of Alcohol. So 12% abv is 88 * .75L * .12 = S$7.92. (then add GST).

There are kiosks to pay at by baggage claim, now there is an app called Customs @ SG which I use now and pay by card. You get an emailed receipt. Only declare the amount over the 2L duty free amount.

Note: Over 10L per person requires a commercial license.