Carmel Restaurant Recommendations

Going to be in Carmel for our anniversary and need to get a few dinner reservations booked, will be there for 2 nights. Top of most searches leads me to Aubergine, La Bicyclette, Casanova, Anton & Michel, etc. Any of these as standouts or other that might not be on my radar that I should consider?

Love Bicyclette, but have only done lunch there, it’s a pretty casual place. Haven’t been to Anton & Michel in many years, but it is one of the more elegant and upscale rooms in Carmel. I would consider the Carmel Highlands Inn restaurant, if only for the spectacular sunset view.

Alan, thanks! Got Anton and Michel booked for Saturday night.

We will be driving in on a Friday night, so will be looking for something a little more fun and casual that night (but still good food!). Any ideas for something like that?

If you’re willing to drive up to Monterey we like Bistro Moulin and have always been comped on corkage there to boot.

Elliot, we’ve been there a couple times and really like it. But planning on staying in Carmel for the weekend (we are just up the road in Scotts Valley and get to Monterey a lot more than Carmel for some reason).

Anyone have thoughts on either Grasing’s or L’Escargot? Reviews for both seem pretty solid and wondering if any recent experiences?

Go to Passionfish if you are in Carmel. Pacific Grove is a great little town and the food/wine list is top notch.

Another vote for bicyclette but we’ve just been there for lunch and early dinner. As far as grassings we also had lunch and enjoyed. Can’t speak for dinner. I thought Casanova was good but not great