what is your favorite paris hotel-and why?

I’m going to be in paris for a couple of nts next month and was looking for someplace new. Not too picky about which arrondissements.

thanks

George V used to be tops for me but my favourite is now the Raffles Royal Monceau. Absolutely beautiful, quirky rooms. 22m swimming pool in the basement with glass roof to courtyard above.

At the exact opposite end of the price spectrum to Dan, I stay here when available (they literally have one room).

I’ve stayed at the Hotel d’Aubusson in the 6th a few times, although the rooms look like they’ve been somewhat modernized recently — I guess it depends on taste, but in my mind, not necessarily for the better. Hôtel d'Aubusson Paris | Hôtel 5 étoiles Paris 6ème | Officiel

We have not stayed there, but their bar - Cafe Laurent is lovely. They have live jazz most evenings and the space is comfortable.
We usually stay at the Hotel Castille in the 1st. Smallish hotel next to Chanel on Rue Cambon. The neighborhood is great, you can walk to everything. Literally 2 blocks from the Tuileries.

I’d stay at Yves Camdeborde’s hotel, Le Relais Saint Germain. Location is great and as a resident of the hotel you can book a dinner reservation, which is otherwise very difficult to obtain.

Great to hear. We booked a week there in the end of October. champagne.gif
I am the top tier in Fairmont’s President’s Club so they confirmed an upgrade.

It really is my favourite city hotel in the world! Enormous, incredibly comfortable beds!

and le cinq is just a few steps away :wink:

[cheers.gif]

This was very nice and in the 6th so a great location. The bar is nice especially when they have live Jazz. Great atmosphere. I think where you stay depends on how much you want to pay… So many options.

I do think location is very important.

George

Quiet rooms with electric shutters and a block from the pedestrian street of rue Cler, the Hotel Relais Bosquet has been our hotel and my recommendation to many friends for several years. A rick Steves favorite so there are many Americans there. Not fancy but comfortable beds, a decent breakfast, and a good location in a local Parisian arrondissement. Relatively good value.

I’ve stayed at several other hotels in Paris including the George V, d’Aubusson (which I really like), Relais Christine, Pavillion de la Reine, and recently the Grand Hotel du Palais Royal (nice but snooty clientele) which are all very nice hotels. But for the time we spend in the hotel, I’d rather spend my money on food and wine and stay at the Relais Bosquet for less than half the price of these others.

Le Bristol.

We stayed at Grand Hotel Francais in the 11th and. when we were there. it was a pretty good price with some good stuff around, but I think in Paris proximity to a good metro station is one of the more important things. Would rather spend extra on good food then on the room with how easy their metro is.

In my opinion George V or Le Bristol is the best in Paris. The good news is there are so many great hotels that it’s hard to go wrong.

Not only dinner but breakfasts are wonderful and only available to hotel guests.

Our room was a bit run down but perfectly comfortable. Still, the reason to book here is the dinner and breakfast.

Just got back from a trip to Paris and Bordeaux and we really enjoyed our stay at the Regina in the 1st. Spacious rooms, friendly staff, and very convenient to shopping and sightseeing.

Often you will hear me answer, “the last one”. This time it’s Hotel Midi du Montparnasse, in the 14th. It’s such a European hotel, small, very affordable, nothing fancy but very usable. My 6th floor single room even had a nice view of the Pantheon. In a charming residential neighborhood, but located a stone’s throw from the Catacombes and a major RER/Metro hub with direct service to CDG/ORY, Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, etc. The EUR10 breakfast is mediocre, but there are a half-dozen places to get a croissant within a 1-block walk. For me, Paris is about the experience, not the room, so I would choose a comfortable midrange property every time.

Le Bristol here, too.

JD

Has anybody stayed at the Ritz since it reopened?