Traverse City and surrounding area tips?

I`m 9 days away from my annual trip to Cristal Lake. Looking for any new restaurants with a good wine list/ wine shops/ wineries that have sprung up since last summer. Thanks in advance.

As far as restaurants go, you already have The Manitou near by. What else could you ask for? newhere

I like the Manitou and will go there on the 2nd night. I’m looking for other options over 8 more days.

Blake, Hope my previous response came across in the light-hearted, tongue-in-cheek way that was intended. On our most recent visit to the area, we stayed up in Empire and drove down for dinner to Manitou for the first time. We got a kick out of the “old school, supper club” vibe of that restaurant.

Best meal we had on that trip was at the little French place over on the east side of Glen Lake (but I don’t think it was a new place). Forgot the name of that place, but I could probably dig up the name if you have trouble finding it.

Michael

Thanks for the clarification Michael. I kind of took it that way.

Regarding the French place, Ill probably be able to get the name as there are a couple of friends [not wine savvy]who live there year round and should know of it. I should have mentioned my desire for a good wine list in the title which Ill edit in.

La Becasse? It’s been there more than 20 years and was very good then.

http://www.restaurantlabecasse.com/

If you don’t mind a long drive (or maybe stay one night nearby), the wine list at the Rowe Inn in Ellsworth used to be pretty good (though I haven’t been in many years).
http://www.roweinn.com/
I stayed at https://thehouseonthehill.com/ before the current owners took over (it is very convenient for the Rowe Inn, and the long closed Tapawingo). If my memory is right, the previous owner was the widow of an airline pilot who died in a crash and she was a great host.
I used to frequent La Becasse often, and enjoyed it, but that was 10 years ago. Depending on what you are looking for, you might find some good wines on their list

Thank you so much for the mention of the Rowe Inn. We went to Tapawingo many times and loved it although it was way too long a drive and did not allow for serious wine drinking which that place demanded. After it closed, it seemed to take a while for new ownership and now I understand the folks who owned Rowe took it over. I`ll have to work it out with someone else to drive.

Some lake friends have mentioned La Because. Got to go.

Check out Bonobo winery. It is a nice place to enjoy a glass with good views over the vineyards from the deck.

Yep, that’s the one…

Michael

New find: Rock`s Landing located at Chimney Corners on the north shore of Cristal Lake.

Newly opened, owned by a former owner/ chef of Coho in Frankfort. Good food choices from a small menu but adequate selection. Good seating options inside or outside patios which are covered and located on the shoreline of Cristal Lake with the edge of the lake coming up just beneath the deck providing a great and peaceful ambience and magnificence views. [See photos] Small but adequate wine list as well.
fullsizeoutput_1ed6.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1ed5.jpeg