Wineries for a wedding

Does anyone recommend any venues for a wedding? My brother just got engaged and is planning to have it somewhere in the wine country.

Hi Chris
It might be useful to say which wine country!
Regards
Ian

That probably would’ve been helpful.

Napa/Sonoma

What’s his budget for a venue? Better start at $20K and then go up.

Did you mean $20K and up?

Wineries are going to have limited space, limited parking, high prices and a caterer may also have to be hired if the winery doesn’t have restaurant staff and equipment. Meadowood Resort is a good location with excellent food and staff. You will pay for it. At least 3 golf courses host weddings, less limited space and more reasonable on cost. If you are talking about an intimate wedding with 20 guests, there are several wineries that can accommodate it. Reception, food available at fair number, but you will probably have to spend 3 or 4 hours on line to identify them. Yes, so and so had a big wedding at Mondavi, but it was 3 million and everybody left hungry.

I am getting married in a little over a month and my fiancé and I looked at a number of wineries before deciding on our venue.

I must say that Copain seemed to have a pretty great setup for a reasonable price. I would highly recommend looking into them.

Ultimately we decided to rent a large property and hold the wedding there. Our wedding is quite small so it just made sense for us to be able to provide a place for everyone to stay and a great venue without the need of transportation for a decent price. We will just visit a number of wineries in the days leading up to the wedding.

Uh, yeah blush newhere

Take a look at this article about Scribe winery in Sonoma and their weddings -https://www.thegirlandthefig.com/single-post/2017/02/13/Venue-Highlight-Scribe-Winery-Ready-to-publish

Chalk Hill is a winery I can highly recommend that does weddings. The facility, views etc etc are spectacular!

Tom

I don’t think that wineries are the most important at a wedding the alcohol and food are things about which people must think less at the wedding a lot of people come to the wedding to spend time together and to celebrate the event and so the thing you must worry about is the equipment if you are from London I can tell a site from where you can https://www.ontourevents.co.uk/awards-ceremonies-gala-dinners. If you are going to marry better follow my advice and the wedding will be perfect.

While certainly not a favorite among wine geeks, I went to a wedding at V. Sattui and I have to say they did a great job.

Landmark in Kenwood used to do weddings.

We got married many years ago at Andretti winery. Check it out. It was an intimate affair with maybe 60 guests. We brought in catering, as well as all the wine( that Rare Wine Co. provided). We had to buy out the Andretti wine that was required to purchase for the event and gave it to a charitable event. We had one long table set up in back right next to the vines on the grass. It was magic.

Patz & hall in Sonoma may accommodate. I attended a wedding at st Michelle in Columbia valley once which was amazing