Nashville music/club question

Making my first trip to Nashville in May (tagging along with my wife for a medical conference). I found a nice thread discussing restaurants, which is quite helpful. We’ll be their over a weekend and would like to see live music one or two nights. The bands playing at the Ryman aren’t of particular interest. Any recommendations for favorite live music clubs in Nashville?
thx

Jan…Not knowing your taste in music, check The Opry, 3rd & Lindsley, City Winery, Bluebird Cafe…there are so many.

I suspect most venues won’t have their May schedule. Check The Nashville Scene website too.

Thanks Adam. I’ll look into those venues. I’ll be down there with my wife and another couple - we are all around 50. Interested in most good music - just not “top 40 country”. Love Jason Isbell and the like.

Station Inn is another.

What part of town will you be and what restaurants on your list?

Bluebird Cafe may require a reservation, or you can also stand in line befoe they open (but you will likely not be sitting together if you do this). This is a different experience than the honky tonks.
I like the honky tonks downtown though, but there can be an element of young people getting hammered

Bluebird is a classic. I like to go when Mike Henderson is playing. It used to be every other Monday.

Downtown I just got to Robert’s. I have heard some mind blowing music there. This is a few years ago but at Robert’s and this guy was sick.

Jason

Jan - another vote for Station Inn - always had someone great there and saw the steeldrivers there several times while Chris Stapleton was with them.

We are staying at AC Hotel downtown. I haven’t done a lot of restaurant research, but am interested in Catbird Seat, City House and Rolf and daughters. Will have to try local BBQ as well. My wife has been doing the planning thus far, as it’s her conference, but I’m starting to do a little of my own research. I’m looking forward to it. Good food and music, hard to beat.

Thanks to all for the music recs. Much appreciated!

Rudy’s for jazz. Haven’t been but hear good things. I think it’s in the Gulch??

Skip the BBQ and get hot chicken.

I really like City House. I did have a spot a Catbird with fellow Berserker Cris Grimm but then we scored tickets to see Emmylou performing the entire wrecking ball record … so sound over food in that case.

You are probably walking distance from Pinewood Social for something hipster.

Jason

Tootsie’s Orchid Lounge and Robert’s Western World do not allow day packs to be brought in.

Had a jerk for a waiter at City house, but my buddy who works for a wine distributor in Nashville loves it.
Bastion was very good - alums of Catbird, sort of works the same way, pre fixe with 3 choices per course and they cook right in front of you and introduce each dish. Had a great young somm.

Forgot to mention there is a Nashville live music venue app.
https://www.visitmusiccity.com/plan/livemusic/nashvillemusicapp
It has everything you need to see live music

We loved Roberts’s Western World on a recent trip. The Honky Tonks have no cover charge for music but you should contribute to band. We also really enjoyed Folk https://www.goodasfolk.com/ and Henrietta Red https://www.henriettared.com/ We BYO’d at both with reasonable corkage

Lot’s of really good looking restaurants. We’ll have three nights there, so I’m excited to try out the local fare. Will definitely try hot chicken. Bastion looks really good. Thx for all of the music recs. The music app is a good ideal as well.

We’ll be there with another couple. The wives will be at the ACOG meeting during the day. Any recs for things to do during the day on a Sat/Sun in Nashville?
thx

another vote for Robert’s, have seen The Silver Threads there a couple of times along with other impressive artists. Also, the have killer fried baloney sandwiches. #childhoodnostalgia

Station Inn was our favorite Nothing fancy

Henrietta Red ? for dinner was great

Revisiting this thread, as our trip is next week. Have dinner reservations Fri at City House, Sat at Bastion. Thought we’d find a Hot Chicken place on Sunday. I did have tickets to see Joy Williams (of Civil Wars) Sat at 3rd & Lindsley, but sadly she cancelled. Roberts doesn’t have their band schedule posted as yet, but we will definitely go there 1-2 nights and try 3rd & Lindsley or similar place another day/night.
Any recs for music museums? other daytime activities?
thx

Enjoyed the Country Music Hall of Fame and the Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame.
The tour of the Ryman Auditorium was very cool.
Antique Archaeology is neat , The pickers store. 1300 Clinton St #130
In the same complex is the Corsair distillery tasting room. Also in town is Green Brier Distilling.

Excellent! thanks