Things to do in LA

There for a few days in early April before heading off to death valley and vegas. Suggestions for stuff to do with young (12/13) daughters? One is a speed freak and wants to visit 6 flags as she’s heard it had the best ie scariest rollercoasters!

The beach, century city mall, republique breakfast, the grove.

Museums? The Getty is great as is the County Museum. La Brea Tar Pits?

Magic Mountain has GREAT coasters - that will be fun!

I suggest eating at APL in Hollywood - see the recent thread in Wine Talk (and offline planner, another one) about that place!

Getty is a MUST but not sure the 12/13 year olds will enjoy it

Based on things we did with our kids around that age (which was 20 years ago):

Visit a movie studio like Warner Brothers or Paramount.
Go to Disneyland or Universal Studios theme park.
Shop on Rodeo Drive - my daughter really wanted a Guess Beverly Hills t shirt.
Take a tour of Beverly Hills going by the homes of the stars.
See the Hollywood sign.
Walk along the walk of stars.
Go to the beach - say Venice Beach.
Eat at Spago.

Thanks everyone. Will definitely revisit Spago - had a great time there on NYE last year before the Rose Bowl. Is APL the best steak place? We’re all rabid carnivores so a seriously good steak is a must!

You know, I have been to LA countless times, but always on business. I really should give he place a chance as a tourist.

Dan - YES! Best restaurant steak I’ve ever had, by far.

Read this thread and look at the photos (later on come the photos) APL Los Angeles - Event Planner - Online or Offline - WineBerserkers

Also, this thread has a few pics of the steaks as well as a ton of wine (GREAT pics in here) - 'Badass, aged red wines' at APL Hollywood, 2/21/19 - WINE TALK - WineBerserkers

Go to Alan Weinberg’s house.

Bring earplugs to Magic Mountain – the rides there are extremely loud.

When I visited LA for the first time when I was that age, I thought walking around Venice Beach was really cool.
You might want to see if you can watch the taping of a TV show.

Manhattan Beach. I used to live right off the Strand.

Options:

Getty Villa in Malibu (free if I remember correctly but you need a reservation—not difficult to come by)

Gamble house in Pasadena—an excellent arts / craft house (need reservation)

Go to Hollywood and visit gorman’s Chinese and tie in with at Musso & Frank—yes overlook the sleaze, visitors like the Hollywood vibe notwithstanding

Thanks again everyone for all the suggestions. We had a great time in LA and then in Vegas.