Berlin recommendations?

Heading to Berlin for a couple of days following ProWein. Have a few restaurant tips already, but would welcome the accumulated knowledge of the community here. Thanks!

1 Like

Ernst. My best meals in years have been there.

Only 12 seats though. Plan ahead.

Plenty of other options but nowhere close to being as interesting.

1 Like

I had an epic night at Cordobar during a visit last fall.

The prix fixe dinner was excellent for what is essentially a geeky/natty and convivial neighborhood wine bar. Everyone in the place knew each other (or wanted to) and there was a lot of gregarious generosity going on.

(“Hey, you wanna try my rougeard?”)

Cordobar is now the restaurant Cordo.

Tim Raue, Modern Asian influenced

Nobelhart und Schmutzig

Horvath

Yes - it had already become Cordo when I visited.

Thanks all – great stuff and most helpful!

Reopening this thread, as I am visiting for a week end of June. I will probably be a solo diner, so Ernst apparently won’t work for me, though very intriguing otherwise. I have a reservation at Facil, as well as Horvath, which is near where I am staying in Kreuzberg. Other recs are welcome, especially for place with good lists not necessarily so fancy. (Wine bar situation from what I could tell was a little challenged.)

Ernst will work fine. Just email them.

Personally I’d drop Facil and do Nobelhart.

1 Like

Katz Orange restaurant. Or Facil. I posted about Katz earlier - hopefully the link is attached. Had a problem with a fill-in somm at Facil, but food is great.

Cordo was phenomenal – great food, wine list and service. Casual/contemporary decor/vibe. Highly recommended!

Bumping this thread. I got into the Berlin Marathon, which is late September. We’re making travel plans, and I want to book a nice place for dinner. Usually whenever we travel, we try to make sure to book at least one really good, high-end dinner, and this time we’ll wait until a couple days after the marathon to make it a reward (afterwards is also best as I can enjoy it without it wrecking my training/preparation).

From above. it looks like the recs were:

• Ernst
  • Cordo
  • Katz Orange (seems informal?)
  • Facil
  • Horvath

Anyone have recent experiences with any of these? Anyone have new recs? Any food recs or to-do’s (general visitor/tourist) greatly appreciated.

Following. A German buddy of mine and I are heading to Germany in September for two weeks and Berlin is one of our stops.

WOW thinking about dinner in September! That is impressive. Check in with Berlin resident, gourmand and all around great person, board member Martin Zwick.

2 Likes

Thanks. I may have to PM him and point him to the thread.

So, here we go…the websites are also in english. Just click! Maybe I will add some more tomorrow, but it is a good start.

Nobelhart&Schmutzig

Ernst

Rutz

https://rutz-restaurant.de

Tante Fichte

Tulus Lotrek

Tim Raue

https://tim-raue.com

Villa Kellermann in Potsdam by Tim Raue

Note: Potsdam is 30-40min from Berlin via S-Bahn. You could also visit the beautiful Palais Sanssouci

1 Like

Rutz looks good!

P.S.

12 seasons

Faelt

Brikz

AV restaurant

CORDO

And if you should plan to travel to Potsdam/Sanssouci and visit Villa Kellerman, then you should eat the German classic Königsberger Klöpse by Tim Raue.

2 Likes

Thanks for taking the time to post these recommendations. I’m sure one of these is going to make for a great post-race dining experience, and a birthday treat for my wife.

Thanks again. [cheers.gif]