What is your favorite arrondissement in Paris and why?

It may seem odd that I get to France about 2x year I generally never make it into Paris. I’ve stayed in the 5th-8th and was just looking in the 11th. Probably going to go to dinner in the 11th in July and was just thinking about whether I should stay close or just uber over etc.

Probably only 24-36hrs in paris.

thanks

-paul

I lived for 2 years in the 11th… on the corner of rue de charonne and jules valles. Loved the quartier, all the food choices and the Fromagerie on the corner was incredibly good .

Personally I like to stay in the Marais. Close to the action but a bit quieter and more residential feeling. But for one night could easily see myself in St Germain or closer to whatever you plan to do.

I like the feel and the location of the 6th from a tourist’s perspective.

George

I like many of them, but particularly the 4th, 6th, and 7th.

I really enjoy the 14e. Stayed two times near Denfert-Rochereau in the last year.

Walk down Rue Daguerre (a wonderful market street), visit the Fundation Cartier and enjoy the park near the local City Hall.

13e and 14e are the only two I haven’t really spent time in. I actually prefer the outskirt neighborhoods because they feel more “French”, IMHO. France is reportedly the most visited country on the planet and Paris is its most visited city hosting more than 40 million tourists per year. 3 for every resident. It’s a fantastic place, but sometimes it feels over-run…kind of like Manhattan on a nice weekend. YMMV.

RT