Back to Barcelona -- new recommendations?

Was there 6 months ago and prior threads here provided some excellent wine and food recommendations (Gresca and Monvinic, specifically). Curious if anyone has been recently or what other ideas might be worth considering.

Thanks in advance!

Wine bar in the gothic quarter - Zona D’Ombra. their bar food is pretty solid as well, but don’t expect a meal.

Can Cisa - Bar Brutal is also in the Gothic Quarter. Mostly Natural/Biodynamic wines, but an inch thick list full of gems. Lots of Jura/Ganevat, Northern Rhone, Austria and of course Spain. Food was good as well.
BarBrutalBarcelona (2).jpg
Cheers!

Steve

We’re there in November so any recs appreciated. Our hotel is the Marriott Edition. Our plan is to take one or two day trips.

Petit Comitè de Nandu Jubany was sort of a hidden gem when we were there 2 years back-upscale versions of traditional Catalonian food, freshest big shrimp, I can still remember it, solid winelist and really nice people. Quimet et Quimet also in Gothic is old school wine and small plates (tin seafood concoction). (BTW, our Catalonian friends tell us tapas brought to Barcelona by Franco and is not authentic.) Q&Q definitely has been discovered, however, and can be a bit of a zoo, though there are still locals who also frequent. Go early and be prepared. Our favorite stand at La Boqueria is not the one every body recommends (Bar Pinotxo), which we also tried, but Kiosko Universal in far corner–again, just incredible seafood, and also sausages and mushrooms.

Do you need to book well ahead for the restaurants? We’re hoping November will be less crowded and less touristy.

we loved pakta and cinq sentis, tickets is great too

Had a phenomenal meal at Bar Mut. Would go back in a heartbeat.

Teóric Taverna. Incredible dinner when I was in Barcelona this summer. Sit outside if the weather allows. Will need reservations in advance

Thanks for all this.

Final prep for our arrival next week. Any other recs?

Bar del Pla in the El Born neighborhood.

Delicious creative tapas, aside from robust local wines, wine list includes many non-Spanish offerings as well as on the natural side of the spectrum. Must reserve in advance.

We very much enjoyed LaSarte a Michelin three star. As I recall it wasn’t crushingly expensive.

Also for day tours I suggest that you use Context Travel. We have gone on over 15 of their tours.
They limit the group to six and the leader has an advanced degree or is a professional in the field, ie an architect lead a tour of Gaudi. They are also in a number of European cities.
I also recommend visiting the gaudi church at sunset. There is amazing light that streams through the church.

We also enjoyed eating at Disfrutar.

We had dinner at Monvinic in October and really enjoyed the evening. So many wines to try, so little time.
IMG_20191011_211756_1.jpg
IMG_20191011_211550.jpg
IMG_20191011_205920.jpg
IMG_20191011_204541_1.jpg
IMG_20191011_202950.jpg
00004IMG_00004_BURST20191011213351_COVER.jpg

howard
are those btg offerings?

Any quick feedback. I am in Barcelona at the moment but mostly have work events. Not sure I will have time to stray. But if you found anything on your recent visit, or are still here, let me know.

Restaurants, activities etc?

everything please jay!

I would second the Bar Brutal rec from earlier. When I visited in April we enjoyed a great meal at Hoja Santa, one of Albert Adria’s restaurants. Might be a long shot getting in but if you’re solo you might have luck. Those were the only two nights I was able to escape the hotel we were cooped up in for our sales meeting sadly. Looking forward to following this thread as we’ll be back again next April.