What to do with one day in Nashville?

Headed to Nashville for a wedding this summer. The way the travel plans appear to be firming up, we will only have one day to see Nashville and its going to be a Sunday. Neither me or my wife have spent any time there at all, just passed through. Looking for something interesting to do and open to almost anything knowing that Sunday is going to limit us somewhat.

Was just in Nashville for a casual weekend. Had a toddler with us. Pool, live music, nashville zoo, ice cream and restaurants for us. Walking on the main street with all the bars/music was interesting, but not a multi-hour thing for us. Very hot, so I think you should know where you want to be going versus walk around too much (plenty of Lyft/Uber service). A lot of bachelorette parties on some mobile drinking bars, you could join one of them – and sing the “Old Time Country Road” playing by those mobile bars. Were informed of some museums/homes to visit (Andrew Jackson, Frist museum) but did not visit any. Would suggest booking restaurants in advance as many board recommendations were booked for us on short notice (although we quite enjoyed Josephine for dinner + Jeni ice cream after, and they offered corkage for ?$25? with wine service).

Sh@n has some good advice. The Johnny Cash museum is also great. Andrew Jackson’s home is great but make sure you have time to get out there and back. Do a search there are a ton of very, very good restaurants.

https://bluebirdcafe.com/

Go to the Station Inn and see whatever awesome band is playing that night.

Brian…Check out Wannado Nashville and Nashville Scene for events, music, etc. If you are staying downtown, the Country Music Hall of Fame, Ryman and Frist Museum are all good options and within walking distance.

And restaurants galore…make reservations!

Thanks all. The wedding is out in Hendersonville, so will be moving hotels for Sunday. Not sure what part of town yet so appreciate all the ideas.

If you’re seriously into beer, I can recommend Southern Grist brewing. Some fascinating and delicious brews, particular the sours.

I would make sure to get to one (or two )of the hot chicken places…and see if anything is going on at the Grand Ol’ Opry…that day…I’m not a fan of that music, but going there last year for a show was a great experience on many levels.

Unfortunately it’s Alice Cooper that night.

Is Margot Cafe still good? I am thinking about just doing the East Nashville area for the day.

Oh, well…I forgot…school’s out-- for the summer…or forever. Go for the chicken then.

From an earlier Thread.
Enjoyed the Country Music Hall of Fame and the Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame.
The tour of the Ryman Auditorium was very cool.
Antique Archaeology is neat , The pickers store. 1300 Clinton St #130
In the same complex is the Corsair distillery tasting room. Also in town is Green Brier Distilling

Seriously? Ha! Not exactly the act I’d go for in Nashville