Favorite San Francisco Hotel?

Thanks in advance and cheers,

Jeremy

Business or pleasure ? Weekday or weekend ?

Mix of both, business and pleasure. Thursday through Sunday.

When I’m in SF I love a hotel with a view, 2 that have really impressed me are Loews and the St Regis.

Thanks. Was looking at The Clift and Four Seasons.

I like the Omni. Easy walk to Chinatown and Ferry Building area too. And good rates over the weekend usually .

I prefer the location of the Ritz and Fairmont on Nob Hill

Questions like this are not so helpful without context I’d imagine.

I’ve only stayed on one. It was very nice (the St Regis) but I couldn’t possibly say it’s the best unless I had stayed in all the others, or at least a representative sample.

Sorry.

I always enjoyed the Mandarin Oriental (now the Loews) when I was in SF on business

big fan of the ritz especially if i can get on the club floor

That’s why I asked for your favorite as opposed to a recommendation.

Thanks for the replies. I went with the Virgin Hotel. We’ll see.

Ritz and a Four Seasons are great. We recently really liked the Taj Campton and will definitely return. Really enjoyed the restaurant there, too. The Westin St. Francis is solid but can be pricey but, then again, it’s a great location if you want that area. Stayed at the Clift years ago a couple of times and it was nice. Can’t remember why we didn’t go back other than wanting some variety maybe.

Fairmont if you get the right room … I’ve stayed there a lot and their larger rooms with huge windows looking over the city and the Bay are stunning. The Intercontinental near Moscone is lovely and convenient if you need to be in that location. My real favorite though is the Hotel Kabuki - fun fun fun and stroll next door into Japantown for sushi, ramen and more. Not the posh option and a slight bit away from the main business parts of the city but so enjoyable.

Ok. My favourite is the St Regis.

Mark Hopkins and Fairmont have good views from the top of Nob Hill. Two older hotels somewhat overrun by tourists. The Ritz is down the hill a bit and I’m not sure how good the views are, but it’s newer and typically Ritz.

Any suggestions near Cow Hollow or the Marina District? Thank you.

The Fairmont for the view.
For similar view and cheaper, try the Hilton Financial District. They call it Financial District, it’s really on the edge of Chinatown. That one’s lower on the hill, so more centrally located.

Mostly travel lodge style hotels in and around Cow Hollow. However the two properties at the Presidio are an option. Check out “Lodge at the Presidio” and “Inn at the Presidio.”

Marina area options. Sheraton Fisherman’s Wharf, Marriott Fisherman’s Wharf and Fairmont Heritage Place Ghirardelli Square.

I am now super loving Hotel Adagio these days! Also, you earn Marriott points…