Vancouver recommendations

Going in August with the family. Will be doing some family dinners with my two kids (2, 6) and some with just my wife and I (We’ll have babysitting).

I searched the previous posts but I know restaurants change quickly and new ones are established on what seems like a daily basis. Would love to get some recommendations on food, especially some good Asian cuisine. I heard Vancouver is known to have some of the best Chinese restaurants in North America and I heard the Japanese ramen are excellent too.

Has anyone been to Bluewater Cafe, Marutama Ramen, Chang’an?

Thanks!

[cheers.gif]

Anybody?

Probably too late as it’s September but for future reference (and we travel with our 11 and 4 year old):
Blue Water Cafe is awesome for cocktails, appetizers, oysters and chilled seafood. The room is beautiful and the service fantastic. A booth makes it child friendly, but not absolutely for kids. We’ve eaten there for a decade or two and hope to for a few decades to come.
St. Lawrence is one of our top picks now: the food is probably the best in Vancouver and the folks there are lovely with a capital L. Couldn’t recommend it more. Your kids will be fine there as the staff is so accommodating. Absolute top spot.
Kingyo is touted: it’s fine.
Hawksworth is shouted out: it’s IMHO middling for most cities.
The rest of VC seems to be in a little bit of a slump. Not sure why. There are restaurants I used to recommend, but don’t much anymore.
We love VC, and hope the dining scene jumps back. Perhaps they need a new reviewer!