Best of the Bay Area (SF and non-SF)

Just moved back to the Bay Area, looking for some good wine recommendations. Obviously there’s making the drive to all the wine regions, but looking for interesting wine places to visit.

For stores, I’ve been very happy with Artisan Wine Depot.

Looking for SF and non-SF recommendations.

Mainly looking for other wine stores, restaurants with good lists and by the glass lists, wine bars, and anything else wine related that is worth a visit.

The urban wineries in Berkeley might be of interest. Edmunds St. John, Broc, Harrington & Donkey & Goat are just a few of the wineries you’ll find. There’s Kermit Lynch, Vintage Berkeley & Paul Marcus wine shops worthy of a visit. In Oakland, The Punchdown is a cool merchant where you can taste. I’m certain locals can provide additional ideas.

K&L has a pretty extensive selection and is in both San Francisco and Menlo Park. Many Santa Cruz appellation wineries are open and closer than Napa.

I really liked a visit to tiny little Fig & Thistle wine bar in Hayes Valley a couple months ago - they have a shop as well at their 14th St location.

just moved to sf not long ago as well… thanks for the list folks

If you’re keen for a natural wine bar/shop experience I’ve enjoyed a glass or two at Ruby in Potrero Hill.