Bringing Wine Back to US from Canada?

Planning a trip to Niagara-on-the-Lake and will inevitably stop at a number of wineries. Wondering if anyone here knows the best process for bringing wine back related to paying the duty? The last couple of times I was there I brought back a case or so and declared it verbally as I came back across the bridge to the US and was just waived through. Was thinking this time I might stock up a little more and bring back a few cases. Should I just use that same process or is there a better way to be prepared? More than happy to pay the duties and really looking for the most efficient process to be prepared and save time.

Just tell them how much you have.
They will either wave you through, or ask you to pay (for wine the money is not significant).

First you should check how much in duty tax you would pay if you declare VS the potential fines.
After that you can decide how much risk you are willing to take.
I was never stopped when flying back from Europe, I often would bring back wine, charcuterie etc.
Except the time the airline lost our luggages, at that point custom had removed all the perishables and some of the wine.