Burgundy

Hello,

I have a short trip planned to Dijon in October and wanted to visit some wineries. From what I’ve read, Burgundian vignerons are not the most welcoming To outsiders. I was wondering if anyone knew of any great producers who offer tastings with appointments. So far we have reached out to Roumier, Mugneret Gibourg, Comte Liger Belair and Arnoux Lachaux. Trying to find a way to contact Ghislaine Barthod but can’t find an email or phone.

Thank you!

Best route is through your wine merchant. An email intro from them goes a long way.

I set up an appointment with Sabine at Marc Morey via e-mail and without any introduction three years ago. Wonderful visit and I am a big fan of her wines but they don’t get much love here.

Agreed with Dan. Assuming you are a regular buyer at a retail store, your best bet is to go through them to the distributor or importer for introductions. You’ve chosen some top-tier places, so unless you buy a LOT of those wines or are lucky, chances are slim you’d get into most of the places you’ve listed.

I usually seek out the next level producers and either go through my retail/distributor/importer connections or direct via e-mail (in French!). That has generally worked well for me.