Fat Duck - Wine pairings worth it?

Looking to do The Journey lunch at the Fat Duck in London next month, and wondering if any of the beverage or wine pairings are worth it. (even spending $185 on a single pairing is a bit steep, so not considering the more expensive pairings)

Adventure - £98pp
A pairing of wines and our own developed fruit and vegetable juices, teas and other seasonal beverages

Discovery - £155pp
A great opportunity to encounter unusual wines from regions off the beaten track, boutique producers and unknown grapes.

Exploration - £155pp
A pairing built with a combination of drinks including artisanal beers, sakes, cocktails and spirits.

No idea. We took our own bottles when we last ate there. Corkage wasn’t cheap but the wines were good enough to make it worthwhile.

We went a few years ago and did the pairings. I don’t have the details on hand, and it sounds like things have changed a bit based on the descriptions you cite. (There weren’t fruit and veg juices or beers as I recall. It was all cocktails, wine and sake). For us the pairings were good. We did have some discussion ahead of time and navigated between the three options. Some agonising over Tokay or Yquem with Botrytis Cinerea and finally opting for Tokay resulted in the Yquem being comp’d! [cheers.gif] Champagne would work well through most of the meal that we had which could be another option. I’d certainly get the specifics in each of the three lists.