Monte Argentario

Hi,

We’re going to be in Maremma, staying in Monte Argentario during part of our upcoming trip to Tuscany. I’ve thought about a day trip to Giglio while there, but would love to know if anyone had any thoughts or recommendations for things to do in the area. We’ll be there for 3 days.

Thanks,

Paul

Niki de Saint Phalle’s Tarot Garden is definitely worth visiting. http://ilgiardinodeitarocchi.it/en/

That does look interesting. Thanks!

My family and I spent a week in Talamone, right on the coast. The best meal and experience we had there (outside of watching Kite sailing races in the Bay) was spending an afternoon and evening at Agriturismo Buratta in the hills outside of town. Buratta.com . The horse and cattle farm are fun to observe but the dining experience was incredible. You order the food in a small cramped farmhouse space and pick out a picnic table in the woods and wait for your name to be called - “. Pronto,Miller per favore “ and you pick it up. Think of a Maine Clambake spot and you get the idea. The wild boar with pasta was phenomenal as was any roasted meat or turkey. Bottles of Maremma wines were 7 Euros and the entire night was spent eating with others and chatting with strangers. The night we went, we were the only English speakers and we had a blast.

Thanks Geoff.