Spain Wine Guide

We took the advice of some forum members this year and hired Henri Challeau to give us a taste of Bordeaux, and we couldn’t have been happier. Now I’ve started researching a trip to Spain next year and would love any recommendations for a “guide” who can drive us around the region(s) we visit and connect us with respected wineries.

Our basic plan is to fly into Madrid and visit the Ribera del Duero for a couple days and then transition to Priorat for a few more days before we fly out of Barcelona. We’d love to visit Rioja, too, but we’ll likely only have about 8 days for the whole trip, which is why we’re trying to stay close to major cities to fly into and out of.

I’ve visited the Paladar y Tomar website and contacted them, but I haven’t been able to find another person or tour operator who we feel confident could provide something beyond a basic day tour for tourists. I’d happily dig deeper into any suggestions from past experiences. Thanks in advance for any and all help; we’re hoping to make Spain come as close as possible to Bordeaux, which will be tough because Henri was a gem!