Portland, ME..... Food Recommendations?

Looks like we will try to get away for a 3 day trip later this Fall. It’s been awhile since we’ve been to Portland, ME but it has clearly become quite the foodie destination. What would people recommend for meals and are there restaurants with good wine lists? Thank you, Gary

We really like Drifter’s Wife. Haven’t been in about 18 months, but quite a few times before that, never disappointed.

See this: where to eat in Boston and Portland, Maine? - Travel, Wine Tourism, and Restaurants Forum - WineBerserkers

Joshua - Saw that thread. All the recent recommendations are for the Boston area. The Portland recs are over 3 years old and thus the reason for me asking again.

Gary - another vote for Drifter’s Wife. Also love the seafood at Scales. Scales has a pretty good wine list.

+1 for Scales!

Thank you for the Scales recommendation. It caught me off guard a little bit as we have a place in Newport, RI that is called Scales & Shells. My first thought was a chain but it turns out they are not related.

+1 for Scales (but we haven’t been there in a few years).

Was just at Scales at the beginning of the month. The food is quite fine, especially the raw clams and oysters and the wine list is not shabby nor badly priced. Not an “intimate” or entirely peaceful dining experience, at least the night I was there (a Sun)–huge room, fairly noisy, which I wasn’t expecting. But if you know in advance what it’s like that could help.

We ate at Fore Street a couple of weeks ago and it was very good.

Thanks Dennis. The menu looks quite good with wood grilled meats to compliment their seafood dishes.