Paris and Normandy in late March, early April

My wife and our moms plan to visit, and wonder if that period is OK, especially in weather terms.
This may be a last big overseas vacation for my mom, as she is getting older. Thank you dearly.

Absolutely go! Might be a little chilly/rainy in March (especially in Normandy), but I wouldn’t let that stop you! Just be conscious of the amount of walking you’ll do in both places. I’d also note that the French are great about people with disabilities, if that’s a concern. I broke my foot and had a boot/crutch, and literally everyone ran to get doors, let jump in lines, etc. to the point where I pushed back.

Re: Normandy, I’ve got notes somewhere here on the trip we took. I would NOT do a day trip from Paris unless you have to, as there’s a lot of ground to cover and it’s bookended with getting in and out of the city. Bayeux is a nice rally point and you can hit the tapestry while you’re there. We stayed in Caen for a couple of days and it was o.k. Honfleur is supposed to be fantastic, but on the eastern edge of all the war sites.

Again, I would not underestimate the amount of walking you’ll do in both places, so you’ll want to ensure you’re watching the pace. My parents were ecstatic to visit Paris and kept telling me they were feeling great… and ended up completely smoked after two days of walking. Mother-in-law did the same thing, twice. Uber can make life easier, but be conscious that things like taking the metro or going to the louvre generally mean your climbing stairs or looking for elevators.

You guys are going to have a fantastic time!

Moms are slowing but not frail. So, our plan is to car-share from cafe, to park, to cafe,…

Honfleur is great.

As one of my Parisian friends who is originally from Normandy says, if there is a cloudless sky in France except for one cloud, that cloud will be over Normandy and it will be raining.

My wife wants to visit Brittany, which seems to a dreary, gray, rainy, cold mess still at that time of year.
True or not?

True. With exceptions here and there. Good friends live in Nevez. We really wanted to visit in early October…which didn’t pan out. November is a possibility…but we were waved off until May or June.

RT

Between JFK and Paris, any airline to recommend or avoid, based on business or first-class accommodations?
Is Air France more perhaps strike-prone? Thank you.