Troyes and The Aube

Has anyone been to Troyes recently, and do you have any recommendations for restaurants, hotels, and things to do? We are thinking of using that city as a base for visiting Champagne houses in the Aube region (Vouette & Sorbee, Cedric Bouchard, etc.). Any advice for visiting that region would be appreciated as well. Thanks!

We stayed in Troyes for a week in February 2003. None of the restaurant names I saw today rang a bell but we stayed at the Hotel de La Poste. It has a good central location and had a very good bakery across the street. We visited Aube producers, Chablis and Burgundy while staying there. The city was very pleasant and had good restaurants and shopping. We then went to Reims for a few days and stayed at Boyer les Crayeres. Great trip.There was a great cheese restaurant near the hotel in Troyes and several other restaurants nearby from casual to upscale.

Several recs for cafes/restaurants in Troyes on the uk wine pages board.

aux crieurs de vin

Judging from their Instagram page, this definitely looks like a place we will hit.

Thanks for the other responses - I will check out the UK pages.

This would be my rec as well. As is usual in such places you can have any bottle from the shelves of their wine shop in the restaurant for a modest fee. A very good selection of natural wines and tasty, mostly quite rustic food.

The art museum in Troyes was nice.The outlet mall was fun too. I love Mephisto shoes.