NYC restaurant recommendations

We will be in NYC this spring. I am looking for restaurant recommendations for lunch in the upper east or west side.
Looking for a place for a nice relaxing lunch with wine,possibly a pre fix menus.
Thanks

Try this thread over in the food forum, Epicurean Exploits:

PS - don’t mean to dismiss your question, there is just an absolute ton of information in that thread. I’d be a little surprised if much of what you might get here wasn’t in there already.

Had an excellent dinner experience at Marea last summer, where the prix-fixe was IMHO a genuinely good value and the service was spot on. They offer both a la carte and prix fixe at lunch time.

On the Upper East Side, I recommend The Simone and Flora Bar; both are excellent and have good wine lists.
On the Upper West Side, you could try Nice Matin. The food is more brasserie and the wine list is also good. Marea and Jean-Georges also, more upscale.

the simone does not offer lunch
a recent lunch at jean georges was fantastic and very relaxed

If You don’t mind traveling downtown check out Frenchette. Very good food, natural wine list.

Another place I really enjoyed is Tomino taberna gallega (Basque restaurant) amazing wine list

Same owners as Nice Matin, Cafe D’Alsace is very good too.

I will second Marea. Before I even read the responses to your thread, it was the first place that popped into my head.

While Marea has long been one of my favorite restaurants in the city there were reports in the other thread of massive staff turnover last year due to a lawsuit which led to a drop off in quality. I haven’t been there myself to confirm.

There definitely was a significant staff turnover, but closer to two years ago.
The service quality is 90% back to what it was.
Never experienced a decline in food quality and I’ve typically dined there once a week or more since they opened 11 years ago.
Just had a spectacular six hour wine lunch with good friends this past Thursday.

Thanks Ray! I’m really, really happy to hear this.

If only there were a search function

There are literally dozens of long threads in this forum and in Epicurean on this subject.