New York City hotels

Anyone have particular favorite Manhattan hotels? Looking for something reasonably priced (but not bare bones). Flexible in terms of location, although not interested in financial district or way uptown. Maybe from Chelsea up to the 70s? Either side.

In that area, I like the Standard.

The rooms are a little quirky but the area is great. Usually priced cheap for NYC. I really enjoyed the NoMo hotel in SoHo.

The Redbury. You can just walk downstairs for a good pizza at Marta or apps & wine at Vini & Fritti. Good restaurants a short walk away including Gramercy Tavern, USC, Maialino and Upland. Also short walk to Koreatown. And you’re a block or so away from some good Indian spice shops in case that’s your thing and want to load up.

I only stay at Marriott/Starwood properties, but of those, the Sheraton Tribeca is a nice value and location. More upscale, the Edition across from EMP is nice, as well as the 11 howard where that scammer girl stayed.

For those with Marriott points or free night certs, many of the NYC hotels are going up in category in a week or so.

The NoMad hotel is also a good choice near some good dining and sort of “in the middle of things” but not in the business middle of things

Try this hotel service. I have used them for many years and they always get me a better deal than I could find.I think I learned about them from the Parker bb in the last millenium.

Lots of great options. Thanks very much folks!

My best friend stayed last year at the Mansfield Hotel, on West 44th Street, near Fifth Avenue.
Right across from Harvard Club and NYYC.
She found it to be a safe, quiet, and clean area, but convenient to transportation and fun things.

Maybe too north of your range, but the Hotel Beacon at Broadway and 75th is often our choice, especially when in connection with a concert at the Beacon Theater next door. Often pricey but we occasionally receive email discounts.

We also stay at the Beacon every trip. We like the fact that the units have kitchens/kitchenettes. Great for coffee and breakfast. There is also a subway stop at 72nd about a block and half away. We might also look at rates after joining their Beacon insider club.

neal if by chance you have an amex platinum (or higher) there are some decent options and the perks make a stay well worth the tariff
early check in, late check out, free breakast, and a $100 credit for food or spa in the hotel.
there’s the edition, dominick, and quite a few others that may work for you.
there are also quite few that are ridiculous $$$

+1

We’ve found excellent rates at Loews Regency, including breakfast, $100 credit, and room upgrades through Amex Platinum.

Edit: Forgot to add 4th night is free.

And if you choose The Beacon you can make good use of the kitchenette as you are across from a good market, Fairway and near good breakfast at Maison Kayser (and $0 BYO dinners as it happens), good bagels at Zuckers (73rd and Columbus), very good neighborhood sushi at Yasaka and a good Sicilian slice at Made in NY at 80th and Amsterdam.

We typically stay at the Warwick on 54th and 6th. If you join their Journeys program, there are discounts up to 30%, which make the rates attractive.

Lots of great suggestions here guys. Thanks a alot

I really like The Ludlow boutique hotel. Great little restaurant in it, too. More uptown I did like staying at the Gramercy. Further downtown, me and my wife stayed in The Beekman when it had just been opened, and it was a great stay. When I pay myself and am on a tight budget, The Jane is always good value.

beekman won’t be quite as good now that augustine closed
that was a nice perk

The Nomad on Broadway. It’s interior design is modeled on the Hotel Costes in Paris and they have a 1 star Michelin restaurant. Since it’s located in the model photography area of NYC the women who come in for cocktails will take your breath away.

Their omelet is the best I’ve ever had - simple, fresh and incredibly flavorful.