"Guess I've got that old travelling bone"

Anyone else out there getting restless to travel?
At this point, very restrained optimism might be the best we can muster, but I am starting to put develop some ideas for May/June 2021. Probably Europe for us, but lots of potential destinations- France, Italy, Germany, Spain, Portugal. We like to do "stay put’ trips where I do some type of art workshop and we both get to soak in the rhythm and ambiance of where we are. Wine & food are big components, but not Premier Crus or Michelin stars.
What travel plans have you started thinking about?

This is the hardest part about this pandemic. I have it too. Already 3 canceled and rescheduled trips.

Yes! I retired last year and I was expecting to travel more than ever!!!

Was supposed to hit Australia and Singapore last month.

At this point I’d be content if they’d allow me into NY without a 14 day quarantine

My past time in the evening USED to be planning trips…now I don’t know when I will be allowed in another country. Hard to believe we had the top down in the Tuscan hills in October…seems like a long long time ago. Maybe stay closer to home and do the Hudson River Valley? Wine, Food, Landscape. Good time of year.

Yes… It just goes with out saying. Bouncing off the walls here.

George

Just spent 2 weeks in North Carolina- family house at Lake James then rented a place in Eagles Nest in Banner Elk at about 5000 feet. Mixed some off time with working remote and seeing family. Brought 2+ cases of wine. We hiked, cooked and had a great time. Now planning our next trip somewhere to catch leaf season. For now we’re looking at anywhere we can drive within a day and get a change of scenario. We’re mixing travel with seeing friends and family in small groups.

We had Cali planned for Sept but cancelled. Perhaps back to NC or Tenn towards October.

We were supposed to go to Spain in July. We still have a trip scheduled to Costa Rica in December, I do not think it will make. I told my wife no more trip planning until Covid is over. We are considering the purchase of a travel trailer

Fortunately, we were married in 1989 so thoroughly traveled all over the world for our 30th. Just bought our retirement home and it will occupy our funds for a while. No travel no problem.

Heading to Cabo with the kids for winter break. No plan to cancel

We will go if they let us.

Yes! Finally gave up on trying to find a place to go outside the U.S. And for the first time in my life I am currently driving across country and trying to visit places I normally would never get to. It is definitely not the same experience due to COVID but I am also appreciative of it as I would have never done this if I could travel outside of the U.S.

Yes. We typically do 1-3 trips abroad every year. We canceled Spring Break in Spain and jettisoned any notion of Europe or Asia in the summer.

That said, like Robert, we decided to do US travel this summer—and it was glorious. We spent June (and a bit) in Telluride and did side trips to Arches and other places. It was one of the best trips I’ve taken, anywhere—the beauty is up there with the Swiss Alps (we traveled last summer to the Lauterbrunen Valley and Zermatt). Then we spent a few more weeks in the mountains earlier this month. It was—surprisingly—one of the best summers of my life, notwithstanding the craziness.

I am, however, beyond eager to get back on a plane and explore.

I do still hope to spend some time this winter in Cabo and skiing.

Everyone that travels is probably feeling restrained even if they didn’t have anything on the books. We have had two cruises cancelled this year. The only trip still on the horizon is a Christmas week trip to Sayulita, Mexico to meet up with friends. Then nothing booked until May 2021 (cruise) and we will see if that one happens.

Right now RyanC might be traveling north to get out of the way of the hurricane. Be careful all you Gulf Coast members. Stay safe. Hurricanes and Covid are a deadly combination.

We just got back from the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone. Great time.
750EC778-5382-4360-AEBB-8AF819799F39.jpeg

We just got back from 3 weeks on the road. Chicago to Maine and back with stops in Boston to move our daughter back to Chicago and Syracuse to drop off our son for school. 3,000 miles and happy to be home
02911BA7-5A08-4D7E-9817-A57943096A82.jpeg

was supposed to be cycling in girona, eating trofie al pesto in liguria, and then paris for my anniversary throughout 2020.

im already about to pull the trigger on renting a house in spain for next july/august just so we can have something to look forward to.

we’re avoiding any summer overnight trips due to wife’s concerns about hotels and contracting the virus. certainly a tough year.

Beautiful.

Great photo, Scott. Artist Point in Yellowstone? We took a photo from almost the same spot last September. Also visited the Grand Tetons and then swung down to Zion and Bryce in Utah. Spectacular part of our country out there!
Cheers.

Yes, same location.