Santa Barbara ideas

Headed to SB for a long weekend. Would like to do a day of a couple tastings. We’ve been to Los Olivos. Any other Ideas?

Many thanks.

Keith

The Funk Zone is a cool place - lots of tasting rooms and plenty of places to eat. Lots of outdoor seating.

Stop in Jaffurs. Consistently good Rhône varietals. Close to downtown.
Au Bon Climat, great Pinot, tasting room downtown.

Have you been to Peake Ranch yet? Very nice tasting room and very good wines.

Melville (either at the winery or in the city) produces a number of very good wines at reasonable prices. A Tribute to Grace in Los Alamos is great if you are up that way.

Just hanging around State Street is fun. Check out Sanguis for a private tasting. ABC is a must. Play some golf at Sandpiper or come my way and spend some time in Ojai. Amazing hikes and Ojai Vineyard tasting.

Have fun!

I have not but I think we will. A lot of good remarks here about Peake. Thinking about doing that and then over to the Lompoc Wine Ghetto for a nice day if sipping.

Thank you all for the feedback!

Keith

Sorry to hijack this thread but I am headed to LA and wanted to do a 2 days in SB. Would it be better to visit SB on a Friday/Saturday or a Sunday/Monday?

I would guess fri/sat. Not everything is open on sun/mon.

If you are a pinothead then the Santa Rita Hills and Lompoc are for you. harvest is just winding up so some of the wineries may be available to see you. Loring, Flying Goat, Kessler Haak and Transcendence are all worth the visit in Lompoc. On Hwy 246 Melville and Babcock are next door to each other.

Was just in SB last weekend. Plenty of wine tasting references already mentioned, so I’ll make a plug for Zaytoon - awesome Lebanese/Middle Eastern cuisine with great patio atmosphere. Highly recommend

It’s hard to find Indian food that’s a cut above; I really enjoyed Bibi Ji (Rajit Parr’s place) and am going back next week.

Zaytoon sounds like one to try!

Thought the food at BiBi Ji was very good. Not loving the DJ music, but so be it.