Great meal on United

This is what you get for dinner flying in their Polaris bus class (Maui to EWR). Can’t say how it tastes, as I wasn’t that hungry. Sheesh.
A79AD35D-449C-43A8-9B86-6FC9523742FC.jpeg

Did anyone partially eat that before it got to your seat?

1 Like

I don’t think I’ve e ever been served a lamer meal. Front or back of the plane.

United’s gonna United….

Not that it should matter, but that’s not a Polaris branded flight. Although United has stripped almost all good from Polaris except for the hard product.

That, unfortunately, is a fair representation of United’s current first class service/meals.

FWIW, I have only had 2 segments this year on UAL and have 4 segments booked on other airlines later this year. Keeping status just isn’t worth it right now.

So you get the Polaris 1-1-1 seats with the Polaris name all over, but it is not a Polaris flight for service purposes. How clever of them

(I’ll take a good seat over good service, but still…)

Absolutely ridiculous, but yes.

Polaris is a seat, and Polaris is a ‘service’. You can have one, the other or both.

I only had both thrice. One of those was a short TATL and I skipped all food to just sleep.

The 16 hour EWR-BOM (and vice versa) were nice flights, at least.

That’s business class? Just wow.

Reminds me of a non-airline meal at an all inclusive in Punta Cana. In their ‘gourmet restaurant’ I’d ordered lobster Thermidor (I know, I was kinda testing them, it was a new Spanish owned property ostensibly higher end) What arrived on the plate was a beautifully pink lobster shell, topped with some mashed potato and a very tasty sauce. All that was missing was any lobster meat!! It went a bit surreal when I called over the waiter and complained, he just laughed. Managements didn’t seem too fussed either. Luckily there were a couple of visiting parent company managers from Europe who noticed, there was a very short very sharp sounding conversation with the maitre d’ , in short order we got an apology, and two beautifully cooked lobster tails with perfect sauce and accompaniments. But I wonder to this day how did a plate like thst a) happen and b) get through the pass.

I was flying United domestic and internal biz every few weeks from 2017 to beginning of 2020 and have never seen anything like that. Not saying that is acceptable but that is no representative of my experiences.

Yeah. I’ve eaten more than my fair share of bus class meals over the years, and this ranks dead last. The meal on the outbound leg was not very good, but certainly in normal parameters, unlike this.

Oh well. I don’t fly up front for the food.

My mom and I are booked on Business class between JFK and SFO, during September. The key attraction was comfortable seating/sleeping infrastructure for the long flights. I figured that food and service would be secondary, given Covid impacts. This confirms so.

Maybe, carry-on Chinese carry-out is a reasonable idea.