Rochester NY

Heading back in a few week to help get my son settled at RIT. Any decent restaurants / wine bars? And locals want to get together?

Cheers

FLX Wienery at Roc Brewing
part of the FLX Hospitality Group run By Chris Bates, MS.
https://flxwienery.com/wienery-at-roc-brewing-co/
Went to the one on the West side of Seneca lake, Good casual food.

Rochester is not a fancy place, so embrace what it does well. Low key fun. So… Marge’s Lakeside Inn, Richmond’s, Nick Tahou’s, and Country Sweet. Drink some Genesee cream ales and call it good. Then drive to the Finger lakes for wines, maybe look up the Z man?

\

• also you can get red hots and white hots too (sausages).

Dinosaur Barbecue. There’s some carping that it’s not as good as the mother ship in Syracuse but it’s still good barbecue and a good scene.

Restaurant Good Luck is pretty good, and they have a well curated wine list. There’s a few other upscale spots but it’s not something the city is known for. Todd’s on the money with his suggestions.

If you like beer, you should definitely hit up Old Toad or Tap and Mallet.
Dinosaur BBQ can be a bit hit or miss, but it is always a good time.
Dibella’s makes phenomenal submarine sandwiches. It’s one of the few things I miss most from my time at RIT.

RocWiki is a fantastic resource. Your kid will learn to appreciate it as they go to school there.

FB_IMG_1627262004492.jpg
And Wegman’s. This is where they are from and a visit to the Pittsford location is a good idea too. While you are in Pittsford go Schoen Place and park, then walk up and down the Erie Canal. So pretty. The wine shop there used to be a ski shop (where I got my first job).

Might not be the sort of thing you’re looking for but if I was in Rochester I’d definitely make a stop at Sal’s Birdland.

Fried chicken or wings with a sweet spicy sauce.

So many memories…

I wonder if they still have In The Mood on the jukebox?

1 Like

I’ll be there in 2 weeks - getting kinda excited . . .

Revelry
Branca
Velvet Belly
Good Luck