Denver restaurant reccs?

Last legitimate thread on this was from 2017, so I figured I might have to post a new thread.

Any reccs for dinner in Denver, preferably downtown area?

Went to Sunday Vinyl wine bar / restaurant last night and it was super fun and the wine list is very good.

next door

also at union station

near by

These are all places we’ve eaten at in the last 6 months

Thanks, Mel - I figured you’d have the reccs

Was at Fruition about a week ago, one of my favorites in town.

Will second Tavernetta as well always great.

Had a fantastic, and reasonably priced, dinner at Tavernetta. Great selection of Italian wine. I think we had a Trebbiano (forget producer) and a 2003 Emidio Pepe Montepulciano that was off the charts good if you are a fan of that style.

Lots of votes for Tavernetta!

Amazing - Tavernetta has ONE reservation for Aug 10 (a Tuesday, mind you), at 9:30 pm, that’s it. I emailed them about a waitlist.

Fruition, first restaurant from Alex Seidel, is a perennial favorite. He is also the chef at Mercantile, which Mel noted above. IMHO, The Wolf’s Tailor consistently delivers. If you are set on Italian and can’t secure a reservation at Tavernetta, you may want to consider Barolo Grill. I would also give high praise to Beckon and The Plimoth

Il Posto was excellent on two occasions. A little north of Coors Field. cheers

Even though I have only been to Denver a few times recently, Tavernetta, SundayVinyl both run by the Frasca group and Mercantile would have been my three recommendations.

Reach out to Bobby Stuckey he is the wine director and partner in both Tavernetta and SundayVinyl as well as Frasca which is also excellent but in Boulder. Absolutely one of the greatest people in the wine business.

https://www.instagram.com/bobbystuckeyms/

Bobby was at Sunday Vinyl when I was there, great guy and the sommelier Clara is also very good and easy to converse with. She’s been a judge for the Colorado wine competition My wife and I volunteer for and she takes good care of us!

I’ll second Fruition. Annette Scratch to Table is 15 mins from downtown but really quality food and was James Beard nominated. Hop Alley is good authentic ish Chinese with a fun wine list. Noble Riot is also a good wine bar that you can order small plate apps or fried chicken. Leans hip on their wine list but they have grower champs and generally have some walter Scott chards.

For goodness sakes man, go to Snooze for killer breakfast. Several locations. I ate downtown at Union Station. https://www.snoozeeatery.com/

Annette is a good brunch spot too and if you want rotating seasonal kolaches that are great - they sell out in 30 minutes when they drop Sat/Sun. Rosenberg’s bagels/sandwiches but go early otherwise you’ll stand in line for an hour. Trompeau is a good French bakery a 15min drive south from downtown in Englewood. Bakery Four/Rebel Bread are good Saturday spots if you’re looking for baked goods to pick up.

bumping as we’re there next week and will have some free nights. Staying at the Hyatt at the Convention center with no car. Updates appreciated.

I’ll do the obligatory plug for Sushi Den. Fruition, Mercantile and Tavernretta, along with Acorn have consistently delivered. Long time fan of Frasca, but the kitchen was really off during our last visit, which was this time last year. Going to chalk it up to COVID staffing challenges.

There are 2 convention centers - one downtown and one near Aurora

If downtown - Tavernetta, Sunday Vinyl, Mercantile should all be within walking distance. If you want to venture via Uber- Hop Alley is great chinese in rino. Brasserie Brixton is an up and coming french-ish restaurant. Also seccond the Fruition rec and their wine list is great.

If staying out in east Denver near Aurora- Annette is a fantastic http://www.annettescratchtotable.com/

Tavernetta was fabulous last night. Food, service and atmosphere all top notch and fairly priced for its quality. Rioja tonight. We are downtown.

2 Likes

Just gonna post these for those that come back
38 essential restaurants https://denver.eater.com/maps/best-restaurants-denver-eater-38
New hot restaurants opened in the last 6 months: The Hottest Restaurants in Denver Right Now, Winter 2023 - Eater Denver