Sonoma lodging recommendations?

Hi all - Looking to do a wine country trip in early November for my 40th birthday. Planning a couple nights in Napa and a couple in Sonoma county somewhere. Anybody have good recommendations for the Sonoma lodging?

Thanks in advance.

Keih

https://www.wineberserkers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1418364#p1418364

Look at You Gotta Sleep Somewhere

Check out the sticky in wine talk on Sonoma

Just saying, The Fountaingrove Inn burned down in 2017 so ignore that.
That entire post needs and update as it’s going on 7yrs now. New wineries, some closed, new restaurants, others closed, new hotels…

After I finish my cellar. Maybe.

What is your budget? I would look to stay in Healdsburg so you are walking distance to most restaurants, and some tasting rooms. Hotel Healdsburg is solid.

The Fountaingrove Inn was a great place to stay until it got torched. My cousin was staying there when the shit hit the fan. Quickly packed and left at 2:00 AM.

In Sonoma (City, not County), the Best Western Sonoma Valley Inn is nice, inexpensive, and close to the Square (only about four blocks from Bedrock!).

1 Like

If it’s in the budget, a very good choice. Also depends on what environment he wants to be. In town? Healdsburg Inn, and some others are great. More rural? Raford House is cool. Farmhouse very nice, though pretty expensive. Lots of additional choices.

1 Like

We’ve stayed at both the Bella Luna Inn and Camelia Inn in Healdsburg and enjoyed both stays. The Vintners Resort in Santa Rosa was really nice, as well.

Stayed at the H2 Hotel three/four years ago. It was pretty swanky. I’d definitely stay there again if I was looking for a hotel downtown Healdsburg.

We’ve stayed at the Healdsburg Inn, Hotel Healdsburg and Les Mars. All were very nice. We would probably prefer Hotel Healdsburg all things considered but we would return to any of the three.

2 Likes

Any updates?

The cellar is finished

My hubs and I stayed here a few months ago - Kenwood, right off the Sonoma Hwy north of Glen Ellen, and it was perfect. Casita on the Sally Stanford Ranch property. All in with taxes etc about $1950/week. Or, you can reserve for lesser time. It was massively convenient to Napa as well, since we’d take the gorgeous road up Mount Veeder to the other side when needed. I’d note this - I loved the soft cushy bed, but the hubs did not.

1 Like