Paris on a Sunday?

A couple of my friends and I will be in Paris for a day after visiting Burgundy. I know there’s an “Adventures in Paris” thread but it’s quite bulky and rarely updated these days, so I thought I’d start a new one.

We’ve been to Paris a few times but a lot of the places I’d normally go to are closed then. Think places like: Au Passage; Aux Deux Amis; L’Ami Jean; Verre Vole; Servan; Septime; etc…

Welcome any suggestions along these lines – good food, good wine in an unstuffy atmosphere. A few on my radar right now are L’Assiette, Semilla, Clown Bar (we’ve been but I’d go back) and Frenchie Bar a Vins.

Snack at the organic market on Boulevard Raspail, near Rue de Vaugirard.

I respectfully suggest taking a clue from the French on Sunday, a good day for long lunch in the park if the weather is nice or indoor if not, with family and good friends. A walk around some great neighborhoods, sites, or less visited museums is a great way to spend the day. Cheers.

Get falafel to go at L’as du falafel and eat it in the Place des Vosges, on the side of the square near where the musicians are usually playing.

Clamato - Septime’s casual seafood spot

Amagat - very fun new spot with Basque cuisine

Earlyjune - rotating chefs

Le Verre Vole

Pre-pandemic but a good start

https://parisbymouth.com/paris-restaurant-open-sunday/

My Sunday go-tos are Le Bon Georges, L’Assiette, Clown Bar, Amarante, Automne, Les Enfants Rouges, Mr. T, and Le Rigmarole (hasn’t yet announced their reopening). For ‘fine dining’ L’Atelier Joel Robuchon is also open on Sundays.

A few slightly off-piste thoughts, for consideration, based on my personal habits when lucky enough to be in Paris on a Sunday: I highly recommend a long, meandering walk with coffee fuel-ups, a leisurely Lebanese lunch then a takeaway dinner from Le Bon Marche (or equivalent), enjoyed with the bottle or two of wine you selected there.

Jonathan

pre covid but we liked our meal at the original pierre sang in oberkampf. he had a buzz for awhile and opened new places so im not sure if he’s still solid but i recall korean influenced french cooking. they are open on sundays.

god damn i miss being in paris. hopefully next year.