Bypass US Customs Lines with Clear Pass??

Anybody try it?

How does it compare with Global Entry?
F8832BC6-4C70-4EFB-9E3D-DCB929920B0A.jpg

I tried Clear in its early days, when it was a competitor to the just emerging TSA Pre Check, but nothing since then. I will say I don’t know how it can be better than Global Entry. Other than a maybe 30 second pause to scan my fingers and answer the few questions at the GE kiosk, I don’t stop walking from the time I leave the plane until I leave the secure Customs area (assuming carry ons only).

My family bypassed US border guards via the old-fashioned way.

1 Like

My Global Entry application is pending basic approval; we are flying back Wednesday so if it doesn’t get the basic approval I will use the Clear Pass

This is my thought also. I have gone from deplaning to being at the pickup stand in about 20 minutes with global entry (this is flying into SeaTac). So hard to believe that Clear would be faster. I do think it might be faster for some domestic travel when the Pre Check lines are long, but have never thought it worth the price given my travel schedule and habits. Curious to hear of others experiences though.

It’s one or the other, mobile passport/CLEAR pass OR GE.
If your GE isn’t approved you’ll use CLEAR pass.
I used both two years ago (mobile passport and GE). MP cancelled GE, but we were flying Business into PIT. we were first off and not much Intl travel at PIT, so cleared quickly. Doubt that would’ve happened at say, JFK.

If you’re interested in tricks to get past immigration as quickly as possible, take a tip from TPG reader Meryn H: “I have Global Entry, and I always prep the Mobile Passport app with all information all the way up until the final submit button,” she told TPG. “I don’t submit [the data] until I check which line is shorter: Global Entry or Mobile Passport. That way, I can choose which one to use without getting an error. Works like a charm!”

1 Like

We are flying into JFK Terminal 4. Will see how it goes.
My wife doesn’t have Global Entry but uses the Mobile Passport.

I was going to give you crap for not doing an easy google on this. To prove it I started searching and searching; and still don’t have a result. Good luck and report back.

Searching for what?
And feel free to give me crap; I probably deserve it for something!!! Lol

I’ve had GE since it was a thing, and have never used Mobile Passport, so this may be a dumb question … What does this Clear Pass app do that the Mobile Passport app doesn’t ?

Advice or experiences with CLEAR Pass versus GE. Given the common words I think the search is not easy, kinda like trying the WB search feature.

1 Like

CLEAR Pass doesn’t charge $15 a year to keep your info “within” the app.
Whether you’re increasing the risk of exposing personal info via CLEAR v the US, I don’t know.
They only solid advice I saw was loading info into MP (or the CLEAR pass) and waiting to see how long the lines were for each (regular immigration or GE). I can only wish I did that much international travel that this might make a difference.

GE has saved us twice from missing flights.

1 Like

We use GE and have for over 10 years. We have renewed it twice since our initial application. It is inexpensive and widely available. ClearPass is expensive and not widely available. At DFW, it is only available at one of the five terminals. It is the one that we almost never use.

1 Like

Are you able to use GE if you’ve got something to declare (e.g., a case of wine)?

My memory (I have not traveled internationally since Covid) is yes. I think I remember declaring. I hand it non to the custom checkout guy. They might ask a question. Usually they just waive me through.

yup