Warsaw Recommendations? October 2021

Hey ya’ll. I’ve seen just a little bit of talk about Poland by running searches but I’m hoping that anyone with recent-ish experience with Warsaw can provide some guidance. I’m there for a week with half the evenings booked for a special event but every day is open. Food and wine recommendations definitely sought but also daytrip diversion suggestions, too!

Thanks!

My old stomping grounds -
Have you been before or is this first time?

very curious to hear how things are out that way. was considering a trip to poland or hungary…
sorry i have no recommendations but please keep us updated on how your trip goes [cheers.gif]

1 Like

I was in Warsaw two years ago or maybe three when I was working for a Polish company … no specific food suggestions as I just wandered through Old Town each evening and picked an outdoor cafe but I was immensely moved by the Uprising Museum … it is open one evening. I understand that Covid is worse again from a friend who lives just outside the city so you’ll want to check the latest restrictions.

1 Like

My first trip to Poland ever!

As I’m leaving tomorrow morning, I thought I’d bump this once more in case anyone reading has any suggestions for Warsaw.

Yahoo!

Have a wonderful time!

Btw - if you have any reason to purchase a gift or souvenir for a woman while traveling, Warsaw has a wonderful little jewelry shop that carries jewelry by local artists. You’ll notice that every other shop offers amber jewelry, much of it not so exciting. This shop also carries amber but other options as well and all unique and crazy inexpensive thanks to exchange rates and the Polish super low cost of living. The shop is Piekne Rzeczy - at Krakowskie Przedmiescie 39 in Warsaw. That the main street that runs through Old Town past the churches and the palace, the shop is small but wonderful. There is also a shop called Polart
also in Old Town on the big square … it carries local folk art and is quite nice. The guys I worked with appreciated the Vodka Museum in Warsaw. When walking around Old Town, stop into the churches … they are astonishing creations!

1 Like

Hi Siun,

I took your advice and visited Piekne Rzeczy and found some cute earrings to bring home. Thank you for the recommendation!

So glad to hear this!

So how did you like Warsaw?