Finger Lakes, NY - Winery suggestions?

I am visiting the Finger Lakes next week and plan to dedicate several days to exploring the wineries. We are basing in on Seneca Lake in Geneva, but plan to check out he Keuka and Cayuga wineries as well. I am stepping well out of my comfort zone of big red wines for this trip, but looking forward to hopefully tasting quality dry whites. On another forum, someone keeps suggesting that I skip the “tourist / party wineries” and look for the producers who focus on quality. I am all about that, just not sure which ones those are?

Can anyone suggest some must visit wineries in the area?

Based on this thread Finger Lakes and NOTL trip/suggestions - WINE TALK - WineBerserkers, I am tentatively planning:
Boundary Breaks
Ravines
Dr. Konstatin Frank
Wiemer
Shaw

Bonus Question: I want to take the wife out to a very nice Friday night dinner for her birthday. Is F.L.X worth he $160/pp for dinner/wine pairing? Any other suggestions for a birthday worthy dinner in the area?

I was last in the finger lakes pre-COVID in the fall of 2019. A good friend of mine was there a few months ago and I’m using some of her feedback as well.

F.L.X Table is great. We had a party of 6 and everyone agreed it was wonderful. My friend and her husband went and loved it as well. I didn’t discuss details with her so not sure how the experience has changed since COVID but she said it was a highlight of her trip. Highly recommend. While my friend and I are both foodies and have dropped more than on a meal, most of my party of six wasn’t and still thought it was worth the price. Wine pairings were good with the weakest being the finger lakes pairing. Some heavy hitters on the top options but also a hearty price. But they let my wife pick her own pairings from the list. She even changed it mid meal to have one wine twice. The other pairings were preset but they did offer different wines to each person when there as a couple so they could compare. Really nice touch. Again pre-COVID so May have changed.

Agree with your winery list but haven’t tried Shaw. Hermann Wiemer is a must stop and make a reservation. Consider adding Forge and Nathan K/Hickory Hollow.

I don’t have alternatives for a nice meal. We cooked most nights and my friend didn’t find anything she felt was close to FLX Table. Many years ago a trip to Moosewood was required and some of the best vegetarian food I’ve ever had but it’s been many years since I’ve been so hesitant to recommend. Also I don’t recall it as being a celebration type of place.

If you have time browse through these. Many recs and ………

https://www.wineberserkers.com/forum/search.php?keywords=Finger+lakes&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=titleonly&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

Good list of wineries and I agree about adding Forge.

The only winery that makes decent reds (pinot) is Heart & Hands. It’s worth a visit, if you have time. I take that back: Hermann Wiemer makes a pretty good Cab Franc. He used to keep some of the best for himself, but am not sure how the CF is now that he sold the place.

Went to Ravines, Shalestone and Damiani last weekend. Ravines Rieslings are terrific. Shalestone does only estate reds on their 6 acre property. The young man who served us was most informative and made the experience. Damiani was a bit of a free for all, didn’t care for it.

I wanted to stop by Kemmeter on the east side of Seneca near Geneva when we were there in September, but they weren’t open on the days we were there. I was most interested in their Chinese dumplings, but I’ve heard nice things about their wines as well

Would agree Kemmeter is must stop as is Red Tail Ridge. Both make excellent Rieslings. Otherwise, list looks good.

If you are looking for a celebration meal, it’s FLX table for sure. Wine pairings are always interesting. They have lots of special wines by the glass available for a pour. They use a Coravin there. You will certainly find something to help celebrate. Enjoy!

Thanks everyone! Lots of great info, looking forward to a fun trip!

make sure you get reservations

Too late for FLX table, except for the private table.

Check the wineries. Everyone we visit a month ago required them (even though they weren’t crowded). Best practices, you know

Had day 1 of tasting today around Seneca Lake. As someone who rarely drinks white wine, I am finding the dry whites enjoyable. As someone else noted, we did strike out for dinner a FLX Table. I am currently holding a reservation for a place called Ports Cafe which has been recommended by several for a quality dinner. We also just saw the cooking class at the NY Kitchen which sounds like a fun option.

Ports is fine