French Laundry

Anyone have any connections at the French Laundry. Planned a last minute trip to Napa for our anniversary and my wifes 35th birthday. This is our first vacation in like 3 years since having out first son. We are on the waitlist now, but really want to eat there.

Just FYI even good connections don’t get you that far there. I thought we had it made and just snuck in a 2 top day of.

I only know two folks that got in. One called 10 months in advance, the other walked in and got a table due to a cancellation.

With the pre-pay model, i think a lot fewer people are cancelling. That being said, with the waiting list and who knows. Was just there in August and it was wonderful.

Dying to try. Have been to Eleven Madison Park (before they went vegan), Le Bernadin, Alinea. Asked the concierge to see what they can do and I’ll just check back with them once a week or so.

No inside connection but if you want a Thomas Keller experience, Regiis Ova caviar and champagne lounge might be a cool place to try for a celebration. I haven’t been, but it looks nice.

Would try asking a winery you buy from frequently … they may have connections to folks who work there. Good luck!

1 Like

They book quickly your best shot is probably lunch time. Make sure you call speak to them and get on standby list. Money/connections not much use here.

Have you asked the staff (I don’t think they have a dedicated concierge) at Alila if they can help ?

There’s a Facebook group for this. I haven’t personally made use of it, but have been keeping up with the posts and some definitely pop up. People also notify when random reservations are availalble.

1 Like

I was waitlisted for dinner in mid-October and actually received 2 emails (missed the first one due to a tasting in a cave) for openings (made absolutely sure I didn’t miss the second one).
Agree that it can’t hurt to ask at your hotel and at winery if you have a good relationship.

There is a FB Group for TFL where people are constantly trading reservations and in some cases asking people if they can take over reservations they can’t make. Do a search for “French Laundry Reservations”. Worth a try.