Champagne from Paris

want to do a day trip w wife and kids. Tour, Taittinger, one other place. Anybody know a good driver and guide w connections?

Do Ruinart too. You can do it yourself. An easy walk and no driver or connection needed.

You can walk to reims from paris? :slight_smile:

TGV from Paris Est to Reims in less than 40 minutes. No stops on some trains.

didn’t I write “driver?”

I’m guessing he was referring to my post …

We did a day trip from Paris to Champagne a couple of years ago. We took the TGV from Paris, Gare de l’Est, to Reims in the morning and returned to Paris that evening. As Rick noted, it’s maybe a 40-45 minute train ride, with speeds topping out at 300 KPH. Once in Reims we walked from the station to Ruinart for a morning tour and tasting. It’s about a 30 minute walk through the city center and some neighborhoods. After Ruinart, we wandered back towards the center of town and found a very casual restaurant for lunch. We walked back to Taittinger for our afternoon tour and tasting. It was a similar 30 minute walk back to town, where we visited the cathedral before catching our train back to Paris.

We booked both houses online. At the time, there were various choices one could make for the tasting, depending on what champagnes you wanted to try. We chose the “high end” options at each and, IIRC, we tasted 4 wines at Ruinart, the NV BdB and Rosé, and a vintage BdB and Rosé. Taittinger was just releasing the 2007 CdC when we were there so we got to taste it and the 2006 side-by-side, along with a few others.

To be honest, I don’t know what a driver or organized tour could have added to our day. I could see how they might be helpful if you wanted to visit other houses or venture outside of Reims, but neither was part of our plan.

1 Like

You missed post 2.