Bar/Lounge with a view - NYC

Will be in NYC around the holidays this year and looking for a couple recommendations on bar/lounge/champagne bar with a view. Used to love the Aviary at MO with the view of Central Park, but understand it is no longer - but at least that gives a sense of what we like. Staying at the Ritz Central Park

Know there are a bunch of rooftop bars throughout Manhattan, but wasn’t sure how many can be enclosed in the winter time to continue to accommodate guests

Just looking for a place to grab a drink; dining is all set. Thanks

If the weather is warm enough, my place has free wine and a true bird’s-eye view. (Shu mai and char sui bao appetizers, however, will cost you an arm and a leg.)

1 Like

Peninsula Hotel is/was always a favorite of ours; not sure how it is in winter and/or Covid times .

1 Like

Peak in Hudson Yards will have indoor views and an extensive wine list to pick from

1 Like

I was recently at Overstory at SAGA (downtown FiDi) and the views from up there on the 65th floor are amazing. I believe they will have heaters and electric warmed chairs, assuming they are open for outside seating. They also have some indoor tables with views as well but the real views are outdoors.

2 Likes

Manhatta & Crown Shy are restaurants first but they have bars with views.

My friend Phil is a somm at Saga:

For real cocktail focus:
Dear Irving Hudson Rooftop
310 W 40th St, New York, NY 10018
Tell Meghan I sent ya

New and different:
The Panorama Room
22 N Loop Rd
Roosevelt Island

Touristy but nice:
Time Out Market DUMBO
55 Market St
They have a third floor bar with a big patio and you get great views of lower Manhattan and the bridges. My friend Mike is the beverage manager and they are upping their cocktail game, but general feel is casual not cocktail-y.

1 Like

Manhatta is still closed at the moment unfortunately.

1 Like

Panorama Room looks quite cool, especially the views of the skyline from Roosevelt Island. Definitely circling this one!

Victor, that is very cool!

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-11-01/overstory-apres-peak-panorama-nyc-s-new-rooftop-bar-numbers?srnd=premium

Places to consider.

1 Like