La tache cheaper in restaurant than retail why?

Bump into a restaurant with 2014 DRC La Tache for $2600 and WS for $5000
Why sometime restaurants price are cheaper than retail ,even in auction la tache are over 4K
9C5E9859-8B04-4170-83DA-537714EE6019.jpeg
1AD74E69-F993-45EE-98E4-74DBB2697C81.jpg
FCD9FCC5-E39D-4513-980E-DC2485265FE5.jpeg

Because they paid like $1300 for it. Some restaurants have reasonable markups on their higher end wines.

2 Likes

At the moment high end wine prices are moving up so fast restaurants can’t keep up with moving their prices up.

3 Likes

Couple of potential reasons

They might have bought it earlier at a cheaper price, marked it up appropriately and didn’t revise it.

In a similar vein, some restaurants get allocations of DRC at competitive prices, so even pricing below ‘retail’ value, they are still turning a profit, and that incentivises some customers to come to that establishment and drink from the restaurant’s list.

4 Likes

I can’t even imagine how tight that 14 LT would be.

14 RSV last wknd was impenetrable.

I’d still drink it lol. But I do think LT shows better younger than RSV / Richebourg. Even when it’s tight it still sexy and interesting.

At that price I have to drink it. Even it is pretty tight

Idk, I liked 17 RB much more than 17 LT and RSV at the moment, even though it’s not ready. We were talking about it on sat although I guess you were on the other side of the table. Surprisingly my fav of the 17s atm is RC.

1 Like

Well played. How was that abalone?!

Jonathan

Did you ask if they had additional bottles? You could ask them to put them aside for you for future visits.

next time you’re drinking burgs around the corner from me, pls text.

how was the food. happy that they are still in business and doing well.

1 Like

Trust I did I event ask them to grab a bottle to go unfortunately they don’t

1 Like

I think they just reopen ,food was just okay

This is an incredible price. Do they have other wines like that at such good pricing on the menu?

sorry to hear that. he’s a very talented chef and i think that spot has struggled to find its audience.

Last bottle I asked

They were pretty busy ,maybe I am just not able enjoy the food ,enjoy the wine more lol

8DCAD7C9-0035-4EE7-AFF7-A2B41CDFA68C.jpeg
Prices include twenty percent VAT.

This is in euros yes?

Yes, Euros.