United Kudos

We are dealing with a medical situation in our family right now. Patient is married to Wife. Wife’s adult daughter is living in Germany right now and Wife hasn’t visited her yet. Wife boards a flight in STL, connecting in Dulles to Frankfurt.

Patient has his emergency and by the time Wife is tracked down (as Patient is in the ambulance), Wife is at Dulles, has already boarded, the door is closed and the jetway pulled back. Wife alerts a flight attendant and they bring the jetway back, get her off the flight, get her checked bag off the flight and send the plane on its way 30 minutes late.

No flights back to STL that night on United, but there’s an American flight out of National she can make if she hurries. United pays for a cab to National and pays for her American flight home. No time to get her checked bag to her for that, so they fly it home for her the next day.

They also issued her a voucher for the full price she paid for the STL-Frankfurt flight to use on a future trip.

Kudos from our family to United Airlines! [cheers.gif]

6 Likes

Be well.

1 Like

well done UAL. Fingers crossed for you and yours Dave

1 Like

United is really winning these days.

Hope outcome is good Dave.

1 Like

This was quite a few years ago but I was on a business trip and had just boarded a plane when I received notice that my dad was in very serious condition. I don’t think they had closed the doors but United helped me exit the plane and change my itinerary to arrive home before my dad passed away.

2 Likes

We arrived in Denver in September for a wedding. My daughter (on different flight out, scheduled to fly home with me) meets me at the gate crying. On the phone with her college telling her she is positive. Had to drive hone with her. Called United to cancel trip home and after hearing the story, they gave me credit for the whole trip - both ways. Darn nice of them.

A travel buddy from Flyertalk passed away while on a trip to Napa with his wife. One of my friends made a call to UA and United handled everything the right way.

So sorry.
As solace, he must have enjoyed his final days. May we all be so lucky.