Barcelona for wine by the glass and solo diner

I am going to have a free Sat evening in Barcelona in early December. Looking for a nice place to eat with a good wine by the glass selection. I will probably be solo so places with a bar or that are comfortable for single diners also a plus! Thanks for any suggestions.

bar brutal is always fun if you don’t mind more natural leaning wines and want a lively atmosphere. gresca is also an awesome choice and has some more classical wine offerings as well. last time i was there they had comte liger belair clos du chateau for 150 euro so there are definitely some deals to be had on their list.

1 Like

Monvinic is amazing. Make sure you book. It’s supposed to be one of the top wine bars in the world. It’s a really cool place with A LOT of wines by the glass.
I’ve been there on my own sat down on a small table infront of the bar, felt completely comfortable.
Leo.

monvinic actually permanently closed as a result of the pandemic! their retail store is still open.

Oh no… what a shame! It was an awesome place.

Oh that is too bad about Monvinic. As I now remember I did go there once by myself and as you say, it was great!

Mont Bar……great wines no attitude lovely service and food🍷

1 Like

This looks perfect – and not too far from where I will be staying. Thanks!

I agree that Mont Bar is very good. They had a good list when I was there last - and you can always take the leftovers with you. Food was very tasty as well. I suggest making a reservation - they had to squeeze me in on the corner of one of their bar/counter areas (which was fine by me, dining solo).

1 Like

Just wanted to follow up on this. I arrived in Barcelona yesterday morning (Saturday) and had made a reservation at 2:45 at Mont Bar. Connections and red tape went pretty quickly, so I got to the hotel, showered, and was able to get to Mont Bar after a nice 30 minute walk at around 2:00. They were happy to seat me early. Everyone was very friendly and solicitous. I elected to let them give me a variety of dishes from the menu at their choice – an informal tasting menu. This was accompanied by a number of wines by the glass. It was all excellent. Some lovely Xarello’s were the highlight – in fact when I told them I really liked one of them, they poured another for me. All in all a perfect way to kill some time before going to bed at 7 to nip jet lag in the bud! Thanks to everyone for the perfect recommendation.