trip change--June in Cote D'Azur

We are now 2 couples going to Nice for a week in June instead of Italy. Anywhere between Cannes and Monaco is probably good but closer to Nice would be better than further. We have been there many times but not in the last twenty years. The small museums in that area are great.
All lodging, restaurant, food, and other suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance.

Had terrific lunch at Mirazur in Menton before they made it to “Best Restaurants” lists 5, 6 years ago

If you want something Italian, Ligurian to be exact, drive 20 minutes to the border and head to the first Italian town of Ventimiglia where the market is a foodie joy.

im more familiar with nice to menton than west of nice. i wish i had a good hotel option in the area but we stayed in menton 5-6 years ago (loved it but 30 minute drive to most places). i loved staying in eze in september of 2019 but didn’t love our hotel enough to recommend. id opt for eze as we like going to the beaches in cap d’ail and st jean cap ferrat. if you are a private beach guy, i cant recommend eden plage at mala beach enough. make sure you reserve for space in advance. paloma beach was a second favorite but definitely a bit of a scene.

jan in the old port was our favorite nice meal during our last visit 2 years ago. loved their food, service and wine.

we went to mirazur in 2015 like ramon but my favorite thing about my meal was the view and the bread. didnt particularly love the food and i believe its about 3-4x more expensive than when we went.

if you want a really nice experience, try lunch at le beau sejour in gorbio. tiny little mountain town above nice. very sketchy drive but worth it. one of the few restaurants in the village run by a very nice family. very traditional fare. after lunch, drive to st agnes on the other side…probably a more sketchy drive but what a view.

bar des oiseaux in nice is a good bistro. they own several restaurants in the old town area. get pistachio gelato at finocchio for dessert. peixes is a nice small plates seafood option in nice. felt like i was in new york city.

try to find a beach front seafood restaurant. in menton, we like le galion.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I think we are renting an Air bnb house in Le Castellet in Villefranche. It’s on the moyenne corniche near Nice and should be great. Please continue to throw any ideas this way

Air BnB owner did not respond so we are still looking for hotel or house suggestions.

I haven’t been but a client uses this site whenever in the area.