Setting up Domaine Visits in the Rhone

I am looking for any guidance on what method is best to setup Domaine visits in the Rhone Valley for a late May 2022 trip. When thinking about producers such as Ogier, Clape, Guigal, Barroche, Solitude, Janasse, and Bosquets; is it best to call/email directly, setup a tour through a tripadvisor type website, or some other method? I’m looking for tips on best success and any pitfalls to avoid. Thanks again, cheers!

email em - worst thing they can say is no.

I would highly recommend tasting at Chapoutier. Truly one of the best most comprehensive tastings I’ve ever done. And the Valrohna factory is close by.

Emailing has always worked for me. I’ve gotten some great appointments that way in the Rhone, including both Barroche and Janasse, and some great ones in the Northern Rhone too.

You can also occasionally find a desirable producer on the Rue de Vignerons website and book there. https://www.ruedesvignerons.com/

Email. I got some reasonable response rates and set up some very good appointments there - Gonon, Balthazar, Rostaing, and Clusel Roch.

Email first is best, just as every one here recommended.

But in some instances, i.e. email to Allemand didn’t garner a response with understandable busy small family operation. But a follow-up phone call after 5 days settled an appointment.

Email at Domaine Jamet in Ampuis worked. Corrine was a great host.

1 Like