Traveling to Hawaii?

I just returned from a visit to my health agency.
The staff informed me that yesterday there was 337 new cases reported in the state of Hawaii
I remember through the bulk of last year we had approx. 100 new cases each day.

So, I had my mind twisted when they told me new cases today - so far 870 - just on Oahu, not the entire state.

Will this ever retreat?

Per the John Hopkins tracking Hawaii had 797 cases total on 12/17 but to answer your question it is going to get worse before it gets better IMO

B.

I always feel so sad for the many tourist who I’ve met that coming to Hawaii was their dream of a life time trip,
usually Seniors, who traveling to Hawaii was their ‘international’ trip, and my heart goes out to them when we have awful weather.

The past 7 - 10 days has seen perhaps the worst weather of my 35 years that I’ve lived here,
it is so awful, rain, fog, just indescribable ugly unpleasant weather. Lay that on top of COVID concerns
and no one is going out.
I do not know if it is every part of the state, I imagine it is… it is as if the Universe is cooperating with the gloomy mood of COVID.

We’re traveling to Maui the end of this month for a few days. We couldn’t resist the just over $300 RT air fare :slight_smile: We’ve been many times but I’m still hopeful the weather won’t be as bad as you describe!

I was thinking of updating the post and your note has given me the oppty - the past week that once in a 35 year weather has passed - we’ve enjoyed the lovely Hawaii tropical skies, breezes, sunrise and sunset. I’m truly hoping this continues for you - I’m looking at the 14 day forecast and it is looking very nice. - I think you and your family are going to have lovely weather… for the evening a very light sweater, sweatshirt or top will do you.
You will find so much of the world is deserted. WE went out yesterday to this well known ‘OUTLET’ shopping area and it was amazing how empty it was… Bring your vax’s CARDS with you every where and you will be fine…
You and your family will have wonderful weather!

Good to hear. My sister landed in Kauai yesterday

That’s great - each island as I’m certain you know - has their own rules, it is such an odd time as businesses try to get back ‘on-their- feet’,
I’m far from an expert on this topic to give a report.
I speak with people, restaurants, hotels and wine shops and ask for reports.
Yesterday was the first day we went out. And the main Highway was so empty - we drop to the main shopping mall and the roads were empty at mid-day.
The mall was empty, if you are familiar with the Waikele https://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlet/waikele
that has the brand name outlet stores, POLO - RALPH LAURENT, COACH, asics calvin klein, guess factory store, LACOSTE, LEVI’S, SAKS 5th Off, Samsonite Outlet,
Skechers (with no wide sandals!) Tommy Bahama, Tommy Hilfiger, Tumi,

And the place was empty, what a weird feeling.

The clerk’s told me that last weekend back they had high traffic,

Our retail store clients informed us that the year gross sales was - UP.
We continue to wonder if people are simply spending the odd & end checks the government is handing out.
Finally we told the Federal gov’t, thanks - however, it is enough.

We ourselves have been the recipient of several checks the government offered for one reason or another.

Clearly the administration of the left pocket is not in contact with their corresponding right pocket.