Tucson Dining/Trails

Happy new year. We’re spending a few days at the Ritz-Carlton Dove Mountain later in the month (driving from Vegas) and are trying to map out some moderate hikes (6 miles or less probably) and trying to figure out where to eat beyond the hotel. Any recent thoughts/ideas would be much appreciated. Our first time in the area. Cheers.

Al

Pima County El Camino del Cerro Trailhead. Go to the one at end of the road, there is another trailhead a mile or two before on the left.
There is a map at the trailhead. Take a picture and follow the trail that goes to the right after about 100 yards uphill. There are two or three “lollipop” loops of about 6/7 miles or so. No bikes, and very few people.

On your way home, grab some tacos at El Taco Rustico.

1 Like

I haven’t been in decades but Sabino Canyon is beautiful.

1 Like

My cousin is building a brewery there (Iron John) so we paid him a visit a couple weeks ago. We very much enjoyed Boca Tacos which is run by Maria Mazon from Top Chef.

I enjoyed a ranger led hike in Saguaro NP a few years ago. Not sure if they’re still doing those with Covid.

1 Like

If you would like to try some of the best Neapolitan pizza in the US, go to Fiamme Pizza in the Catalina Foothills near the best hiking. The owner is a 2 time world pizza spinning champ and their food is top notch. https://fiammepizzatucson.com/

2 Likes

Thanks for the tips. Looking forward to it.