Hotel Recommendation needed - McMinnville

Calling on Willamette Valley locales and experts!
Looking for a hotel recommendation and/or a stay at a winery in the vicinity of McMinnville. Traveling with my wife and adult daughter. Any special places you would recommend?
Thanks in advance!

Alex - we were there in October and stayed at the Atticus - fantastic hotel, can’t recommend it highly enough.

We’ve really enjoyed our stays at A’ Tuscan Estate Bed and Breakfast. Very clean and comfortable and just a couple blocks from downtown.

I’ve heard a lot of good things about the Atticus and Third Street Flats from visitors, though we haven’t had as many in the last couple of years…

As long as you are price insensitive, the Atticus is hard to beat. We’ve stayed there on practically every visit since they opened. Works well for us - dog friendly, electric car charging, free espresso drinks, nice rooms, friendly staff and smack dab in the center of McM. Third Street Flats is solid too.

We stayed at the Third Street Flats in December, had a wonderful time. They have kitchens in each of the flats, so if you’re not into cooking while there the Atticus may be a better option (Third Street Flats is owned by Atticus).

For something completely different, there’s the Youngberg Hill Inn 10-15 minutes out of town at their vineyard.

IMHO an Airbnb place seems better. I just booked one for 3 nights in June. (The “Chalet Gris”) Certainly cheaper than Atticus. I have found DT McM to be kinda noisy at night-kids racing, people being loud. The beds at 3rd Place were terrible (OK, it was several years ago.) Honeymooned at Youngberg Hill long ago, it was great, but now its too expensive for me.

+1. On a recent trip we found Airbnb/VRBO options to be much better than the hotels. We stayed at one near Lange that was incredible - quiet, clean, modern, gorgeous views of the hills.

I’ve recommended Amity Flats before, a few miles south of McMinnville in Amity. Newly renovated, quiet town, and Franny Beck winery is right at your doorstep.

Thank you for the suggestions. The configuration of the Atticus doesn’t work, so ended up booking 2 rooms at McMenamins - Hotel Oregon. I think it should work for just one night.

Oh, I will also be traveling soon and am looking for recommendations

I have not been yet as it just opened. Super excited about this new restaurant and hotel.

Chef Matthew Lightner is an incredible Chef. The hotel looks nice as well. We will be making a trip out in early Fall.

1 Like