Paris (and Normandy area) Spirits Stores?

I’ll be in the Normandy area (Bayeux) and then Paris in November. Would like to come back with some interesting Armagnac and maybe Cognac and other French spirits (Calvados? other). Any store recommendations, where I can get great stuff at ‘local’ pricing?

Maison du Whisky is a local chain with shops in Paris. Good selection and pricing there.

TY!

We’ll be in Bayeux in May. I’ll let you know what we find

In Bayeux perhaps try Le Bouchon Cave et Bistro. They have plenty of local spirits. You can also get a very good lunch there. Wine selection is OK, but won’t surprise you. Rue Maréchal Foch.

In the past, I’ve had some of my best luck finding calvados at street markets, in Bayeux and out in the smaller hameaux. But this is very seasonal.

Honestly, in Paris, I’d just go to La Grande Epicerie, pay the 10% markup and make my choice. They’ll have a selection and you’ll probably get something of interest.

Thanks. Appreciate the help

Thanks. Will do so when in Paris and will check out Le Bouchon Cave et Bistro while in Bayeux…

Just returned from three days in Bayeux and stayed at the excellent Hotel Tardif. No wine store recs, but dinner at La Rapiere was excellent and l’Angle Saint Laurent was also very good.

That’s the hotel I’m booked into, in November! Excellent! I’ll book both the restaurants for our dinners. Thanks!

1 Like

I haven’t been able to be much help here, Peter We’ve been on the road most days over the past week here, so we haven’t been around when the stores were open. We did pick up several bottles of Calvados at the Saturday farmers market of some interest the best window display I’ve see on this trip was another closed store in Honfleur. Some real rarities. The town is cute but a tourist trap

If you like rum there is a rum store on Rue Dauphine that has only rum. Lots of Mt Gay single pot bottles and some super high end rums upstairs. It is called Excellence Rhum.