Lyon Sunday restaurant?

Looking to book restaurants for my upcoming trip to Lyon (Fri pm / Sat / Sun / Mon am). Just now realizing many restaurants are closed on Sat/Sun, and particularly Sunday (our last evening there). Any recommendations for a great restaurant on Sun eve with a good/reasonably priced list with Northern Rhones?

Currently thinking of doing:
Fri pm: Restaurant Thomas (not open Sat/Sun) or Les Apothicaires (not open Sat/Sun?); leaning towards Thomas as easier meal for first eve post a red-eye
Sat lunch:
Sat dinner: Le Supreme (open Sat, not Sun)
Sat lunch:
Sun dinner: Burgundy by Mathieu (prefer to go for lunch another day, but is open Sunday eve, so a backup option… but feel should end with a Rhone not Burg for last night in Lyon!)

Other restaurants I am aware of:
Cafe de Terroir (open Sat, not Sun… swap with Supreme?)
Le Bouchon des Filles (open Sun… swap with Burgundy by Mathieu?)

Thank you

1 Like

I think Alan would tell you that you’re close enough for Troisgros! Looks like they are open on Sunday.

1 Like

La Sommeliere was awesome - Classic French with a Japanese aesthetic. Not sure on the Rhones.

1 Like

Le Layon is open on Sundays and usually has a few bottles worth drinking.

Thomas is great, I have easily eaten there thirty times.
Plenty to drink there.

Apothecaires is very good, but they do not have much wine.

Café Terroir is a gem.
I just wish they would sell wine instead of flaunt it on their list.

Very traditional food at Café du Peintre and a huge card.

We have done some big dinners at Burgundy Lounge, but I have not been back since the pandemic. They have always been booked.

Cinq Mains
Illustre
Cave des Voyagers (!!)
Le Table de Guy (!!!)

The list is endless.

And Vico Pizzza!

Finally, and probably worth the drive, HĂ´tel des Bains, in Charavines.

1 Like

Thanks Patrick. I wish I could stay in Lyon for 2 weeks and sample all the restaurants on offer. I’m taken aback by how many interesting menus there are, at not insane prices. No non-stop from NYC though.

You fly to Genève, it is a beautiful ninety minute drive.

Thanks for this suggestion, I was thinking Paris and then the train.

1 Like