San Diego - Little Italy

Thought I’d start a new SD thread, focused just around Little Italy/Coronado. The fam and I are headed there next month, staying by Little Italy, looking for 5 nights of dinners. Want good food/wine, more casual not necessarily Michelin, nice atmosphere, views a plus, not loud and bar-ish. I’m not a researcher, I like to wing it, but the wife wants some resies in place. So far, I’m looking at these:

Water Views - Coasterra and Brigantine(Coronado)

Heard good things - Herb&Wood, Juniper & Ivy

Love me some Italian - Bencotta Italian Kitchen, Barbusa

Also, we have a car, is driving and parking an issue? Or look to Uber?

Thanks [cheers.gif]

If you’re going with the family and like Mexican, then Miguel’s in Coronado has a nice outdoor area and the food was very good. At least it was when I was there 7-8 years ago.

Yes on Juniper/Ivy…also look at Ironside (India St) for lunch; decent wine program. I drive in Little Italy, but if you are staying downtown Uber/Lyft is easy and close. Parking is a bit of a hassle, but doable. Check out the Pali Wine Co tasting room in Little Italy; nice venue and a good selection of their wines.

Had a fantastic meal at Cesarina, though it is not in Little Italy, last September.

Cori Pastaficio in North Park

Bump. Getting ready to make resis. Need 5 nights of dinners…wife wasn’t to thrilled with Brigantine so far on the list? Wanted a good water view and seafood rest?

Another one that’s not in Little Italy-

Callie is arguably the hottest restaurant in SD right now. It’s in the East Village, not far from Little Italy and parking is a breeze as they sit atop a parking garage.

If you go, request a table in the main dining area near the display kitchen. It has a high ceiling and is much quieter than the low-ceiling area by the front window. That area is loud!

1 Like

Lunch at Tom Ham’s Lightouse. Fantastic views, great fish food, and great prices (for lunch, not dinner)

Davanti in Little Italy, for great Cacio e pepe.

1 Like

For ocean views and seafood check out:
C Level/Island Prime
Fish Market/Top of the Market

For both of those it’s like two restaurant concepts in one where C Level and Fish Market are the “Toyota” and Island Prime and Top of the Market are “Lexus.”

If you’re okay a little bit more of a drive check out Peohe’s on Coronado Island. It’s on the east side so your view is the bay and the downtown skyline.

Tom Ham’s as Otto mention as well.

Also check out Mister A’s. Not specifically seafood or on the water but they are on the 12th floor of the building they’re in and have great views.

1 Like

From your list

Brigantine is a tourist place, OK food, great views. We go there as now out of town tourists and enjoy it for what it is.

Coasterra is actually not bad, fantastic views, food is pretty decent. Cocktails are excellent. Also has sentimental value for us, as we were married on the Reuben E. Lee faux river boat that used to be on that exact spot, until it sank into the mud and had to be dismantled lol.

1 Like

FYI ate at Born and Raised last month. Not a view but food was very good. Barbosa next door to it is also very good

F

FYI Solare in Liberty Station has Biondi Santi dinner on Tuesday with someone from the family. The owner Randy is a great guy that has hosted many a great wine dinners for my group over the years. Im thinking of going myself

1 Like